5 - Made the enemy

Before I tell you all of what happened that moment, let's start from the main beginning. The morning of this certain day was as bland as my breakfast, cold and crumbly. Within that orphanage was not as bright as I remember but it was somewhere I could call home for now. The big women tending to all of us had plans, even taught us how to do mathematics better than she ever could. She was a slow learner but I followed her steps.

My bilious friends in that orphanage gained a bad attitude from her polite behavior. You know paw, those rude men who shout or hurt people for nothing? It makes no sense to me of how people can be like my old friends back then when I was in that orphanage. Even more surprised about how the place even stood from the ground up. The women looked dazed all the time tending to us. Pretty sure she had a rope in her desk drawer.

But the day was as normal as you'd expect it to be, deranged and crazy. Another funny thing about the orphanage was the absurd amount of jewelry all in the rooms, but it was nothing but bauble trash! Those Little Rocks you find, fools gold was it? It was supposed to be for us to play around with, but within a month about four of us had died due to choking on it like idiots. It became apparent of the women's responsibility, she became the antithesis of a caring woman and had no care if they had died or not. But I think she had a soft spot for me while I was there.

But then a group of a dishonest bunch came upon that day, they of course shown a deep antipathy to the law as they approached shouting hatefulness and absolute disrespect. Slinging their guns around like it was a toy to fiddle with. And I believe you told me about these men haven't you paw? Their actions were banal, so uneducated to the point they can't even spell 'decoration' without a U? "That's right Son, but keep talking, we're eager to hear more of your story." "Alright Paw, it's gonna be a little messy then."

They arrived in a haste with their guns shooting in the air, the plenty of us peaked out the window to see the bandanas they wore with black and silver lining. I doubt it's right for them to besmirch their reputation like this. I assumed their plans were to take over the orphanage as their homestead. But then, more and more came from under the hillside. It was like an army, nothing but a heavy besiege of low down criminals surrounding the place. Within the classroom, Bedlam appeared to have struck at my fellow friends, seeing how confused and terrified they was from the sight.

After a short while, I buried myself in a room to hide as I heard the sounds of the doors being blown off. I felt every shaking shook it caused to the structure. The sounds of the others shouting and tussling with them was cut off by the sounds of them being thrown out of the building, nobody was harmed but the women that tended us was screaming like never before. Hearing her scream suddenly turned my behavior bestial, I couldn't help but crave vengeance. When opening the door I soon saw a bandit. That bandit was a beautiful girl, she was pretty enough to beguile my thoughts in high places with her uptight shirt she worn.

So anyways, I shot her. The other bandits around me have a facial expression that was blanch from what I have done to that girl. It was like a strike of a match as they stopped hurting the women who have taken care of me. I felt a clever badinage come over them, they united as friends when approaching me, feeling the weight of my own actions before me. Her face was nothing but a window now. I still feel bad for her widow this very day, but send her my condolences.

I turned tail to the other room, slamming the door shut on them. But the bad has just became the worst. I looked around the room and saw nothing but the baroque architecture that had trapped me from inside. But was it me or is it getting hotter? A smell of smoke has engulfing the room from the outside, seeing the red flame from out the window I had realized they were going to burn this place down to the ground. With no choice I barged the door wide open and was met with many but one gun to their muzzles on my back.

Looking at them, infront of me as I lay on my stomach was the lady I had shot. She was still moving around as two of the bandits lifted her out of the orphanage. They looked down on me before one of the bigger ones came up to me. He had an extra pair of clothing in his left arm and his handy revolver in his right hand, the hammer cocked back. I gulped as he spoken to me, "you oughta regret that young one." I was shaking a bit in fear of my demise until he spoke once more, "but we're giving you the chance to redeem your life."

Looking up at him, he had a uniform in his hand as he was going to gift it to me. I sighed and nodded my head, afraid of being blown off. It was a harmful mistake to shoot that lady, I still can't help but feel miserable. I learned soon after it would have been for the best for me to accept his offer. Accepting my defeat while  grabbed the outfit he had offered, the thought of a suitable blandishment was needed to provide my worth to them. To me, this was life in the hole.