Chapter 1

Bella waited around the baggage claim for her two suitcases. She had sent most of her stuff ahead of her but she wanted to make sure she had the essentials just in case they didn't come in time. She also had her carry on with important things she didn't want to chance ever getting lost.

This move was her chance. Her dad Charlie Swan was her chance to have a better life. To be away from her abusive mother who kept her away from him for selfish reason. To have a paycheck and her own personal assistant. She had Bella managing the household since she was ten. She was the one who paid all the bills and budgeted the money coming in. Not that that mattered to Rene.

Her grandparents were beyond wealthy and as their only child they made it so Bella's mother Rene wouldn't want for anything. However that came at a cost. She had to have custody of Bella to get the monthly allowance.

It wasn't a big deal when they were alive because they were such a big part of her life. Bella had felt loved and loved them in return and saw very little of her mother.

Her father was a man Rene had met on a trip to Seattle and had a one night stand with. He actually didn't even know Bella existed until recently. Bella's grandparents desperately wanted to know who he was as much as she did but Rene refused to tell anybody. It wasn't until about a year ago that during a drunken rant she finally told Bella all the graphic details.

It was easy to locate him in Forks Washington. He lived in the small town as the chief of police. After a few back and forth visits she asked him if it would be alright if she moved in with him. He didn't know what life with Rene was like but when he visited you could clearly see the concern.

She always wondered what her father would be like and hoped maybe he looked like her but she couldn't have been more wrong. Although they had very simular facial feature everything else was different.

Charlie was a tall man at the height of 5'10" but Bella was taller at 6'1". Where Charlie had a thick mop of brown hair and light green eyes Bella had pale almost translucent white hair and two different color eyes. One a rare shade of violet and the other a deeper shade of blue. Charlie also had tan brown skin which was obtained from being outside most of his life. Her skin like her hair was almost translucent. All of Bella's attributes made her an albino but her looks made her even more unique than most albinos.

She was used to the looks and stares of people when they saw her so as she stood waiting for her baggage with her long sleeves and dark sunglasses, she just ignored them like she was taught by her grandparents to do. Her grandfather always told her how special she was to look the way she did and that she was destined for greatness, a greatness that would come when she was older so until then she had to wait it out and hold her head up high.

After collecting her luggage she made her way outside and smiled at the sight of her dad leaning against his police cruiser. He was looking nervous but thrilled when he saw her. It was funny the first time they met. He had stood stock still staring at her with his mouth open for a few seconds before shuffling around not knowing what to do.

It wasn't until she broke the stalemate with a hug that he started to cry and say how sorry he was for not being there for her. It was that moment that Bella knew she wanted to be with her father. He was a man of few words but the love he had for her he proudly showed easily and it reminded her of her grandparents so much that she instantly felt a connection with him.

He ran up to her, grabbed her bags and tossed them into the trunk of the cruiser. She followed him and when he finished she gave him a huge hug that he enthusiastically if a little self-consciously returned. The man definitely wasn't used to being touched but he welcomed hugs when she gave them and always returned them happily. After they settled into the car Charlie nervously looked over to her like he just realized he was stuck in a car with a teenager for over an hour on the way home.