Chapter 39

Alice had waited long enough. Emmett and Esme both had their turns with Bella now it was hers. It was with that thought that she marched into the living room to address her audience which consisted of Rosalie,Bella and Emmett.

"Ok enough video games. Bella came for a sleepover. If we don't get started now we won't get to finish everything."Alice announced.

"What is involved in this everything?" Rosalie asked suspiciously.

"None of your business. You aren't allowed to hang out with us. Bella and I need privacy so we can gossip about you without you over hearing." Alice told her.

"We are almost done with this game Alice. Emmett's about lose again." Bella chimed in.

Emmett threw up his hands. "I don't get. I honestly don't get it. We played six different games and you beat me at every single one. I don't understand."

Bella laughed at him. "Sorry Emmett but I thought you wouldn't like it if I let you win so I just played it through."

"Ok now that you guys are done come on Bella let's go to my room. Jasper went out to hunt and won't be back to bother us." Alice said waiting by the stairs for Bella.

"You don't have to do anything she says. Remember that and if you need me just yell. The rooms are soundproof but I'll leave my door open so I can hear you." Rosalie promised Bella.

"You worry to much. I've always wanted to go to a sleepover. I think Alice and I will have fun. You'll come by later though right?" Bella asked her.

"Yes I will definitely be checking in on you guys. I trust you just fine it's Alice I don't."Rosalie's said.

Bella chuckled at Rosalie's reponse and with a chaste kiss to Rosalie's lips she followed Alice up to her room.

"This is my room. Well mine and Jasper's but he let me decorate." Alice explained.

Alice's room looked exactly how Bella thought it would. It was what she imaged backstage at a fashion show looked like. There was a large vanity with a large number of beauty products on it. She also had a book case with what looked like antique books lining the shelves. Her bed was a huge four post bed that wouldn't have looked out of place in a royal princess's room. What caught her attention most was the case filled with civil war memorabilia.

"That's Jasper's stuff. He was a major for the south during the civil war. This isn't his original uniform or sword just stuff that he's collected over the years." Alice explained when she noticed Bella's interest.

"I had an ancestor who was a general for the union during the civil war."Bella said.

"I think Jasper mentioned something about that. I know he wanted to talk to you about it but it seemed your family was an out of bounds topic."Alice knew that Jasper was hoping Bella would be able to give him more details about some of the fights her ancestor was in.

"I wouldn't mind talking to him about it. I'm really proud of the Shurlongs that came before me. They did a lot of good for humanity."Bella said proudly.

"I'm sure he would love that. Thank you. Jasper's a bit shy as he struggles the most being around humans so it's hard for him to make conversation. You talking to him would mean a lot." Alice told her. "Ok now that's out of the way let's get our sleepover started. I'm not sure when Esme is going to call you for dinner but I think the first thing we should do is change into pajamas."

"It's a little early don't you think?" Bella asked.

"Well we are going to be using those beauty products over there that I bought so we don't want to get them on our clothes." Alice said pointing to the vanity.