Chapter 99

As Rosalie reached across the table with her napkin to wipe some steak sauce off of Bella's lips, she couldn't remember ever being so relaxed. They had spent the day exploring Seattle without a care in the world. Looking at Bella now she almost had to pinch herself to make sure the day had been real. It was exactly what they both needed. Even Bella laughed more freely and seemed to smile more. It was easy to forget they didn't have so much pressure and responsible resting on their shoulders.

"I had a good time today, did you?" Bella asked her.

"I had a great time. I wish we could stay an extra night, but I understand the need to get back." Rosalie said.

"I know what you mean. It's been like we are existing in a whole different world." Bell sighed. "It makes me want to start our life together right away. I don't look forward to living with Charlie again without you there."

"Please don't remind me." Rosalie pleaded."I'm still pretending that isn't going to happen."

Bella reached for Rosalie's hand. "It just makes me realize that I need to tell Charlie. Our bond is more important than secrecy to me."

Rosalie frowned. "I don't want you to do anything rash. Telling him is a big step.I have no doubt your father loves you but there is no way to tell how someone will react to such news."

"Have you ever told anyone about you before?" Bella asked.

Rosalie thought for about it for a minute."Well, I wanted to tell you and I was trying to figure out how to do it but then your tiger got frisky with me and as they say the rest is history."

Bella raised a pale eyebrow."I got frisky with you?"

Rosalie smirked." Yes, the way I remember it was you came upon a poor defenseless me in the woods and you were so overcome with your attraction to me that you didn't even have a chance to shift before you made a move."

"That's what you think?"Rosalie nodded. "So we aren't going to mention you hunting the mountain lion?"

"The mountain lion that I now consider a part of my family? There would be no way I would ever hurt her." Rosalie said with feigned innocence.

"You consider her apart of your family?" Bella asked astonished.

"Of course I do." Rosalie said. "She's a cat."

Bella felt her eyes tearing up."I love you so much."

Rosalie wiped the tear from Bella's cheek."I love you too."

Bella took a sip of her water to give herself a moment to get her emotions under control."It means so much to me that you accept that cats are more than just animals to me."

Rosalie gave her a wink."I like cats remember?"

Bella chuckled. " I remember."

"If you are done, what do you say about going for a walk before we head home?" Rosalie asked noticing Bella's empty plate.

"That sounds good." Bella said standing up."Can you pay while I run to the bathroom?"

"You're ditching me and leaving me with the check aren't you?"Rosalie asked with a smile.

Bella kissed Rosalie's cheek. "You can afford it."

Rosalie sighed as she watched her walk away. If only they could do this more often. She had always hated having to pretend to be human and go through the motions of being a teenager, but it had never really bothered her all that much. It was the price to pay to be safe. Now though as she signed the check and made her way up to the front of the restaurant she never wanted anything more than to stop pretending. She wanted to start her life with Bella out in the open not having to worry about high school or wether or not Bella was home by curfew. How to make that happen, she wasn't sure but she was determined to figure it out.