Valentine's Day

It was one of the lunch periods at school. Currently Leo's lunch period. It was also a very annoying yet nerve-wracking day for him. That's because it was February 14th. Valentine's Day.

He dreaded this day as he gets lots of valentines and confessions from annoying girls. It was also the day he had been building up to. He was finally gonna give this whole 'valentine confession' thing a go.

But that was the scariest part. He just didn't know what to get her. He isn't exactly her closest friend, much less even a friend. Truth be told, the person of his admiration is someone who didn't fall for his charm. While most girls fell head over heels for him, she simply disliked him. He actually put effort into their 'relationship', but she showed no signs of ever giving in. He made his feelings quite noticeable, just as she made her dislike known.

He knew today was just gonna end in another fail, albeit the most embarrassing and hurtful by far. But Leo would take those chances, he was rather lucky after all. Who knows? Maybe he'll get his wish.

• —--------------------- •

It was nearing the end of the day, the last lunch period having just ended. Luna's next period was a free period, a rather needed one. Today was a rather dreadful day for her. She hated this lovey-dovey holiday because it simply brought to light her single status.

Luna will admit it. She's jealous of all the people with someone to spend Valentine's Day with. She grew up telling everyone she doesn't need nor want anyone. She regrets that now.

Sure, she got cards from her close friends, but it just wasn't the same. Everyone got flowers and more. She doesn't want to sound rude, but she wants something special. A... surprise.

Hallways empty, she walks slowly to her study hall period, ready to sign out to a class her friends are in. Absent-mindedly, Luna mutters her problems under her breath. Captivated by her thoughts, she is unaware of the attentive eyes watching and listening to her musings.

"...So a surprise declaration is what she wants? If that's what it takes..."

• —--------------------- •

Leo heard all he needed to hear. He now knew exactly what he needed to do to prove his feelings were true. "A surprise bouquet... that's a little more difficult than I anticipated."

Luck really was on his side for him to stumble upon her while she spelt out his solution for him. He really didn't expect her to be wandering. Well, sorta. He knew she often left the study hall because he was in it with her. He just wasn't exactly sure where she went, and he certainly didn't follow her. He was in the restroom, hiding out as he searched on his phone for confession and gift ideas. He only left when he realized he had been away from class for so long. He was lucky she didn't notice his presence while she cutely talked to herself.

Leo sighs, "It's already so late in the day, and it's Valentine's Day! Nowhere is going to be available for delivery, much less having flowers in stock..." He scrolls through his phone, looking at multiple websites for flower shops, bouquets and deliveries. Truthfully, Leo was willing to do just about anything to get this plan to work, no matter the cost. He was pretty well off due to his family, so money wasn't much of an issue. Even so, money can't solve everything.

He internally groans at his failure of preparation, 'I should've planned in advance, why didn't I think of this before? Bouquets are such a common yet loving Valentine's Day gift!'

Leo pauses in his self chiding, his fingers halt at a post on his screen. A small smile slowly appears on his face, before blooming into an incredibly excited expression.