Stitches | Newt

so this was originally supposed to be based on my favorite song by shawn mendes

LIKE OMG LISTEN TO IT THE FEELS 

but i didn't like the way i wrote it so....yea

and I'm sorry that i haven't updated in almost over a month

and now I'm out of school so I'm going to update way more often yay

so anyway let me shut up now that you know I'm still alive

☾☼☽  WARNING: COULD BE TRIGGERING SO PLS DONT READ IF YOU ARE GOING THROUGH A TOUGH TIME

I'VE GONE THROUGH IT TOO, MANY TIMES

SO IF YOU EVER NEED ADVICE-> MESSAGE ME OR ADD ME ON KIK @ck31300

             It's been over a month since you and Newt broke up, and ever since the tension between you two was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Newt had jumped off the Maze Wall (( I'm fucking sorry, it fits in well though. like don't shank me god)) from despair, and you'd also taken it pretty harshly. You slit your wrists and cried yourself to sleep almost every single night. You had so many cuts on your wrists that your wrists ended up looking like an embroidered quilt. 

          Both of you never really talked about why you two broke up, mostly because was too personal.

And now that Thomas found a way out, you and Newt had to work together.

"I'm not working with him, Minho. He's despicable!", you said to Minho, your temper flaring.

 "Look Y/N, you have to, okay? We need to get out of this shuck place."

"Fine, but only to get out of this place. And then I'm going as far away as I possibly can from him", you huffed, tears brimming your eyes. You didn't hate Newt, you still truly loved him. It was just easier to push the blame onto him, rather than yourself.

You walked over to where Newt was working on the code. You forced a smile, discreetly wiping a stray tear which was rolling down your cheek and sat down next to him. You sat in silence for a few minutes until he broke the ice. "I have boxes 1 through 3 done. So, how about you start on the first pile of box four and I'll do the second pile."

"Sure, yeah. Whatever works", you mumbled, avoiding eye contact.

After hours of tedious work with Newt making many attempts to talk about the relationship, you and Newt finished Box 4. You slumped over, stretching your arms across the table, your stitched wrists visible. As you stretched, you barely registered Newt's gasp from the sight of your wrists.

"Y/N, what happened?"

You snapped out of your trance, realizing what just happened. "It happened in the Maze", you said, but it came out sounding more like a question rather than a statement. Newt didn't believe you at all. He grabbed your wrist in his hand, and lightly fingered your stitches. "You did this because of me?", he asked, and your heart shattered. You didn't want to tell him the truth, but lying wouldn't solve anything. 

"I took my misery out on myself. It was wrong, but I did what I did, and I can't go back and change it." Silent tears slid down your cheeks and formed wet pools on the Maps. Newt lifted your chin, so you were looking in his eyes, but you looked away, biting your lip. "I'm sorry, Newt. For everything. For cheating on you with Thomas, for showing you these, and for the misery."

"Look at me, Y/N. You don't need to apologize. I know your sorry and I am too. But this isn't your fault as much as it isn't mine. Do you think we chose this bloody life?I don't blame you for what you did. I did a few regretful things myself." Newt was crying himself, too.

"Well, I have to  go", you said, standing up abruptly. You started towards the door. "Wait", you heard his accent behind you, the accent that made your heart skip a beat every time."Yes?", and before you knew it, Newt's arms were around you and you were sobbing into his shoulder.

☾☼☽ 

THIS MADE ME CRY BC IM AN EMOTIONAL, DEPRESSED WRECK WHO CANT TALK TO THE BOY SHE FUCKING LIKES BC SHES TOO FUCKING SHY

anyway

IM SEEING 5SOS LIVE IN CONCERT ADFKNSDIGHLWIDSL

IM GOING TO THE CONCERT SEPTEMBER 1

SO IDK IF ANY OF YOU ARE FANS

SO MAYBE COMMENT AND I CAN MEET YOU, IDK IM NOT THAT POPULAR ON HERE SO IT WONT HURT MY FEELINGS

and btw thank you for 1.9K reads

thats amazing

like all along i thought i would get like 50 

honestly y'all are the best and i can't spell...

☾☼☽  <- i actually really like this

i might tattoo it on my wrist 

don't worry, i use eye liner

im crazy, but not that crazy

ILY ALL AND REMEMBER YOU ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL IN YOUR OWN UNIQUE WAYS