Chapter 7

The Nestoris sergeant rode through the night, speeding towards Sendaria.

"The Tournament was sabotaged! The Voltaris have returned!" he yelled as he rode into a village. "Rally your militiamen! Go on watch!"

The sergeant's pauldrons flapped in the wind. Sweat from exhaustion and fear matted his face.

"Call the militia to arms!" he bellowed. A soldier ran out and signaled for him. The sergeant turned to face him and dismounted.

"What is your duty, soldier?" the Nestoris asked.

"Vice commander for this town's post," the Sendaris answered. "We are but a small village. Our force is miniscule!"

"Send heralds across Sendaria. Spread the news!"
The Sendaris nodded. "What shall they say?"

"The Voltaris have returned. They sabotaged the tournament. Their trial took place last night."
The Sendaris nodded. "Aye. Make haste, and do as you will."

The Sergeant straightened his pauldrons. He saluted, nodded to the commander, and rode into the moonlight.

"We suspect that some Nether forces escaped," Sarrettus said to the provisional master of the Sendaris clan, Melkor. "However, most of the attackers are dead."

Now in central Sendaria, Thalleous' wounds were being inspected as they gave their report.

"Enough about Eterden, Captain." Melkor Sendaris was angry about what had happened two days prior, and it showed in his face. "I want to hear about the Voltaris. Where the Nether are they?"

"We don't know. Only two survived, the master, Ingressus, and a young one."

"Tygren," Thalleous added.

"Yes, the boy was named Tygren." Sarrettus added. "The Aggressium prime is still in our hands."

"And yet the other three belong to the most hostile being in Ardonia, our greatest enemy!"

Melkor paced, turning his head from side to side. "The security at the Tournament failed, and my predecessor dismissed his guard! Complacency got him killed!"

"You are correct, Ky-Melkor." Sarrettus hung his shoulders.

Melkor beckoned them to follow him. They walked out of the small room and into the main part of their abode. The fort was unique: it was designed like a baron's castle, a wall surrounding a fortified keep. The party strolled along the wall of the building, looking down at the ground beneath. The master walked along the sunlit paths along with a few officers and medics, the bright gleams of day a contrast to their dark mood.

"I shall hold a conference with the other masters. We shall discuss what to do about this new threat. I leave it to your group to decide what to do with the prisoner."

"Yes, Ky-Melkor!" chorused the board of officers.

"Leave me."

The group turned to head back to the medicinary office that was serving as Ghost Battalion's base of operations. As they walked, they headed towards Pridiral's room.

"Thalleous. You will handle the prisoner," a weary Sarrettus said. He turned around with his crew. A medic tried to stay with the lieutenant, but was quickly shunned.

"Sir, I must insist-" protested the doctor as they reached the cell. Thalleous stopped him.

"Later," he drawled. Thalleous opened the door, then closed it.

"I promise you can dote on me after the interrogation," he said through the door. The lieutenant sat down in front of Pridiral.

The netheran looked at the Ardoni as he came in. "Your shoulder. Why is it bandaged?"