Chapter 9

Pythus smirked. His father would certainly forgive him for the deserter after he conquered the eastern border of Sendaria.

If, he reminded himself. If he conquered the borders of Sendaria, then he would not have to worry about letting the boy slip. And conquering the borders started with waging war against the enemy's military. His soldiers marched in perfect line, staves and greatswords at the ready. The humans were falling, the Enderknights absent. All that was left was to acquire the Prime songs for Ingressus as their deal went.

Then, he would crush the Overworld in one swift stroke.

He turned to the side as he caressed his axe, manacled to his wrist by a former prisoner's chain. It was time to end the traitor's saga.

"You, there!" He called to a nearby officer. "Who was the traitor's commander?"

"Increatus, my Lord," responded the soldier with a bow. The prince nodded.

"And is he here?"

"Yes, Sire. He is discussing the cannoneers' lodging."

"I see..." said the Lord distractedly. He stormed over to the commander's desk. The party of officers had set up a makeshift quartering zone.

"Colonel Increatus!" the Prince declared. A fat netheran looked at him, quickly snapping to rigid attention.

"Yes, my lord?"

"Is it true that the traitor Pridiral was under your command?"

The officer looked around shiftily. "My lord, he had many leaders before he reached me–"

"Then you shirk responsibility for that impudent child who cost us a battle?"

The commander's eyes widened. "No, sire, I–"

"Eterden was a pile of stone in the woods!" screamed Pythus, clenching his axe. "It should have been ours in a night! And because of that child, we lost it!"

Increatus looked down for a moment. An awkward silence filled the air. "You have my apologies, my lord," he said after a while.

"Indeed," said Pythus as he narrowed his eyes. Suddenly, the prince raised his axe. He grabbed Increatus by his head.

"My lord!" the colonel yelled. "I–"

"We have no place for cowards like you in this army," said the Prince. He slashed his axe against the colonel's neck.

Rendore massaged his temples, listening to his daily report.

"The outer islands are suffering from an influx in shulker infestations," said an aide. "They beg our aid.

The king, a tall man of the End, wore his full armor even now. A sword of unknown composition laid against his hallowed throne. His hall was massive, composed of obsidian, End stone, and chorus. Ornate carpets and tapestries surrounded him: gifts from allies. The ceiling was pure glass, letting the light from the end through.

"Send a regiment to grant them peace. The shulkers should be gone in two weeks."

The aide nodded his head and abdicated the massive throne room.

"Have the endermen relinquished the city north of here?" asked the king. "It may be time to take it back. The infestation there is–"

Just then, a knock rang through the huge, dimly lit hall. Another servant slowly tiptoed in.

"There is someone to see you. He is an Ardoni," the Enderman wheezed.

"Let him in," Rendore said, raising his head. What would an Ardoni want with him?