22: The Wrath [2]

Chapter 22 : The Wrath [2]

E A R L I E R . . .

Mula sa veranda ng pangalawang palapag ng isang gusali at tanaw ni Alice ang dalawang lalaking gumawa ng eksena kanina sa cafeteria. She grinned as she watched the guy take a pipe and beat the fat one to death.

Eve was right. No matter how much they try to clean this world, there are still people who will stain this sacred place to fulfill their interests.

She should be sleeping inside this body as long as she could. She wanted to feel how to be a human for the first time. Bakit ang hirap para sa katulad niya na gawin ang bagay na iyon? The organization always interfered every time she started to act human more than a tool.

She stopped thinking when a group of cloaked men came to the place just like she expected.

She was about to jump from where she was standing when she saw them taking another guy. From what she remembered, he was a friend of this body’s twin sister.

Palihim niyang sinundan ang mga ito. They took them to an abandoned building.

Bago pa man siya makalapit sa gusali ay isang patalim ang lumipad sa direksyon niya. Mabilis naman niya itong nailagan. Bumaon naman sa lupa ang patalim.

“I see, you’re not normal like they said,” a woman,  wearing a mask and their school uniform, said. Nakatayo ito sa railing ng ikalawang palapag. Despite the thin railing, she stood up there without a problem.

Kumpara sa mga nakamaskara kanina, may disenyo ng mukha ng pusa ang maskara niya. She was not familiar with the girl, but she knew who was the owner of the mask she was wearing. She might be the new member of the Seven. Alam niya ang pagkakaiba ng bawat maskara nila.

Eve’s replacement?

“You’re the Greed?” tanong ni Alice.

“Oho? Am I that famous? I’m Thana, by the way,” she introduced.

“I can’t believe the Greed has become so dull. You don’t even know how to throw a dagger,” insulto niya.

Mukhang tinamaan naman ito sa sinabi niya.

“I should be the one to put you into your place,” tiim-bagang na tugon nito. Naglabas siya ng isa pang patalim.  Tumalon siya mula sa pangalawang palapag at inatake si Alice.

Before she could injure her, Alice grabbed the dagger on the grassland and blocked her attack using it. Their eyes met for less than a second, but it was enough to make her shiver. She jumped away and put herself into defense.

Her lips parted while glaring at Alice. Alice, on the other hand, stood up plainly after that attack.

Acedor was right. She didn’t know her. She thought she was just a runaway player, but she was wrong. Kung hindi siya lumayo sa kaniya ay baka wala na siyang buhay ngayon.

“You became slower, Greed,” walang ganang saad ni Alice.

Nanlaki ang mata niya nang ibato ni Alice ang hawak nitong patalim. She immediately avoided it. She grinned and looked where Alice was, thinking she could also insult her for her failed throw but she was no longer where he was.

“Is it because you are not her?” ani Alice nang biglang sumulpot sa gilid niya.

Bago pa man siya makaiwas ay nahawakan ni Alice ang mukha niya at walang alinlangang ibinalibag siya sa pader. Nabitawan niya ang hawak niyang patalim kasabay nang pagbagsak niya sa lupa. Ramdam niya ang naglalaglagang parte ng maskara niya. Nabasag ang gawa sa luad nitong maskara matapos ang malakas na atake ni Alice. Nakaramdam siya ng hiya matapos siyang patumbahin ng isang atake lang.