chapter 2: part 2 (few months later...)

An iguanadon crashed through the bushes with deep wounds and bites, it was distressed and making calls for its pack when a black blur slashed it's ankle tendon causing it to trip and fall forward sliding until it went into a small ravine and hit the rocks below, the iguanadons' spine was snapped and it gurgled on its own blood before passing, the black culprit stared down at the edge of the ravine and make a few calls into the sky; the culprit was of course ripper, who was calling for the rest of the pack to come to this location. After a bit there was bushes rustling and footsteps and the rest of the pack came to him.

Afina: "what is it?"

Ripper: "dinner~"

They all noticed the iguanadon in the ravine and began hopping down to get at the flesh, afina was checking to make sure it was safe before digging her snout into the corpses thigh and feeding herself, koral amd amber didn't know how to feel about climbing down as they had "special packages". Blue hopped down with beta in her arms and landed on the slick rock below, beta had grown in this months and she was officially out of the nest and could speak quite well, beta tore slivers from the corpse while blue was on the body digging into the corpse.

Ripper: "okay who's first~"

Ripper bent down and seemed to be offering koral or amber something, it took them a moment to realize he wanted one of them to climb onto his back so he would bring them down into the ravine, amber bumped koral out of the way and climbed onto rippers hard scaled back she clinged to him as he crawled down the wall and let her down, she joined the rest. Ripper came back up and koral clinged to his front as he crawled back down, koral hopped off him and took flesh from some of the wounds previously inflicted by ripper who joined her.

*Minutes later.

The corpse was mainly bone and scales left with bits of flesh left, they all were resting in the shadows when suddenly different raptors from a different incorporated pack jumped down and picked at the last bits of the corpse, when the other pack noticed ripper and the rest, they gave curious chirps. Ripper woke up from his short nap and stared at them.

Ripper: "girls, we have company~"

The rest of his pack woke up and began growling at the other pack when one of them spoke.

Min: "hey, we don't want any trouble, we just haven't had food in a couple of days and are hatchlings are starving"

Blue stood up and stared at the hatchlings at the packs feet, blue walked forward while beta was interacting with the smaller hatchlings.

Blue: "I'm sure we could spare some scraps, what's your name?"

Grey: "I call myself grey, and that is Nei with Maia, and these darlings are my babies"

Blue: "you have very nice children grey"

Grey: "thanks"

Blue walked over to what was left of the corpse and tore pieces off and gave them to the other pack which ate them while savoring it, they were very skinny about as skinny as ripper is. Though after a few moments of eating they looked more normal. Grey and blue were getting acquainted with one another while Nei and Maia were playing with Wendi while beta was playing with the smaller hatchlings who were chirping at her. After blue and grey talked for a while, grey went to check on her hatchlings and ripper went up to blue and purred at her.

Blue: "what do you want?"

Ripper: "your help with something~"

He then nipped her arm and got blue to follow him where koral was groaning along with amber, they seemed to be in pain, blue knew their pain all too well.

Blue: "their about to lay their eggs, go get something to make some nests"

Ripper walked away and crawled out of the ravine to find whatever looked good enough, he grabbed some sticks, some leaves, snatched a raccoon out of a tree, more random stuff, he then crawled back into the ravine and laid the stuff down. Blue huffed as she made two separate nests with the limited resources available. Koral groaned in pain again.

Koral: "why is? Am I going to be okay?"

Blue could tell she was scared, blue could also relate as she was absolutely terrified when she laid beta's egg.

Blue: "it will be fine, just position yourself over here and give a push, it doesn't hurt as bad during the process but don't resist or you might damage yourself or the eggs"

Koral gulped and after a few breaths gave a push and she felt the egg squeeze through her and stretch her vent before landing gently in the nest, koral did this several times until all of her eggs were in the nest and she was exhausted. There was four eggs in korals nest. Amber wasn't as scared as koral was and had relatively the same reaction as she laid 3 eggs that were slightly larger than korals. Ripper nuzzled the eggs curiously and blue snapped at him so he relented.

Blue: "well you did better than I did"

Koral: "r-really?"

Blue: "yeah, I almost injured myself by resisting but it's getting dark out and you both need to rest"

Koral and amber were already asleep, grey and her pack joined rippers pack and they all made a ball to keep each other warm. Afina was laying on ambers eggs for her while blue took up the mantle for korals, everyone fell asleep over time until blue was the last to close her eyes.

964 words in story.

Plz give suggestions on what should happen in part 3.