10│SHE'S THE BEST THING YOU'LL EVER HAVE

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴇᴛᴏɪʟᴇ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ sʜᴇ's ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ
ᴛʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ꒱

IF SHE GIVES YOU HER HEART,
DON'T YOU BREAK IT / LET
YOUR ARMS BE A PLACE
SHE FEELS SAFE IN
 ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

A S G A R D

They were hiding again, this time with Loki's magic as there was no forest to conceal them. A yellow wagon was wheeling down the road with an older woman as the passenger and a single brown horse pulling it along. A memory from a long time ago surfaced in Eleanora's mind.

A crowded market in Alfheim.

The spicy, earthy sent of foreign herbs.

The warmth of the afternoon sun.

A dark-haired woman waving her over to a stand of glass flowers.

"Hang on, I know that wagon!" the blonde exclaimed, her eyes widening in recognition. "That's where I bought the flower I gave you!"

Loki glanced down at the at the blue Aster that sat in the lapel of his suit jacket. "Are you quite certain?"

"Yes," she insisted. (Though she purposefully didn't mention the fact that she didn't recognize the driver.) "I'm sure we could hitch a ride with her, which would get us to the city proper much faster than just walking."

The god frowned, considering the suggestion. As loath as he was to trust anyone around Eleanora, he knew they wouldn't make his father's deadline if they stayed on foot. He sighed. "Very well. But at the slightest sign of—"

"Someone wanting to kill me, we'll leave. Yes, I know," she finished for him. "I'm just as reluctant to meet my untimely demise as you are."

With a soft huff of unwilling amusement, he released the spell that kept them invisible. He traded it for an illusion of a commoner, a nondescript Asgardian, just in case this woman was familiar with the appearance of the realm's princes. Eleanora grimaced next to him, not quite liking his sandy-blond hair and brown eyes as much as his normal appearance.

He stepped into the road, holding out a hand. "Halt! I seek passage to the main gates of Asgard—"

She pointed at him with a frantic look in her eyes. Her frizzy red hair only added to her wild appearance. Loki watched her warily as she clambered off her driver's seat to take a threatening step towards him. "That's my flower. Hundreds years I've been looking for that. Give it to me now!"

Eleanora puffed up angrily, sliding between them. "How dare you? I bought that fair and square!"

The god quickly pushed her to the side much to her annoyance and drew his daggers from the air. The crazed woman, who gave no indication that she'd so much as heard the Star, took a cautious step back. "Oh. Perhaps I was mistaken."

"It's all right," the prince said, adopting a silky voice full of charm. "It's obviously very valuable to you, so you can have it in exchange for what I need. Safe passage to the main gates of Asgard, arriving in the same exact condition we're in now."

"I swear this to you," she promised— and as far as Loki could tell, there was no lie in her voice. "Food and lodging on the way?"

He nodded. "That would be appreciated."

The deal done, he regretfully took the flower from the buttonhole where it had been perched for the last few days and handed it to the woman. She snatched it from him as soon as her fingers were close enough to grab it. "Do you have any idea what manner of thing it was that you had?"