2│. . . AND A MAN OF DIGNITY AND GRACE

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴇᴛᴏɪʟᴇ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰  . . . ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ᴍᴀɴ ᴏғ
ᴅɪɢɴɪᴛʏ & ɢʀᴀᴄᴇ꒱

❝ I ASK YOU, MY VALIANT
WARRIORS & LOYAL SONS
TO SEEK OUT [ THE STAR ] 
& BRING IT HERE TO ITS
RIGHTFUL PLACE ON ASGARD ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

A S G A R D

"Brother!" Thor's booming voice caught up to Loki as he made his way to the throne room. He let out an infinitesimal sigh at the disturbance of his peace, but willingly slowed his steps until his older brother had fallen into place beside him. Since they were clearly going in the same direction, the first born inquired, "do you know what father wishes to tell us?"

"He has not deigned to share anything out of the ordinary with me," Loki informed him with a shrug.

Thor's expression lit up as he thought, carelessly swinging Mjolnir by his side. "Perhaps he wishes to send us to Jotunheim to be rid of those monsters once and for all!"

The dark-haired prince held back another sigh; ever since they were children, Thor had wished for nothing more than to wage single-man battle against the Frost Giants. He thought that succeeding in such a feat would be both a great service to their realm and bring him even more honor than his already esteemed name held. Loki cast him a sidelong, playfully scolding glance. "Are you forgetting father's wisdom so quickly, brother? We are at peace with Jotunheim right now. It would be ill-advised to seek out war with them."

"Peace with such beings can only last so long," the crown prince remarked, his blue eyes gleaming at the thought of certain victory. "They are likely to muck it up sooner rather than later. I will be ready to put them in their place when the time comes."

"Be that as it may," Loki replied, "that time has yet to pass, so it surely cannot be what father wishes to speak with us about. Have there been any unusual happenings on your adventures, brother?"

"Brother, all of my adventures are unusual," Thor answered as he clapped the smaller man on the shoulder, his laughter sounding like a rumble of thunder. It was only years of being Thor's brother that kept Loki prepared for the impact, otherwise his legs would have buckled from the force. "But there has been nothing exceptionally strange afoot— nothing that could be easily conquered with Mjolnir by my side."

The younger man fell silent as they walked, pondering about what their father could possibly seek out their presence for. It was true what he had said; they were at peace with the other realms. There was the odd skirmish, certainly, but as his brother had mentioned, it had only needed Thor's and his friend's presence to be easily put to rest. The Centennial Ball was coming up, so it might have something to do with Asgard's biggest event. It was well-known that Loki was decidedly not a fan of such big gatherings, so it was either a tremendous task that required both of them, or something else entirely.

When they neared the entrance to the throne room, their questions only increased— Lady Sif and the Warriors Three were already waiting for them by the great doors. Their heads were bent together as they spoke in low voices, presumably wondering the same thing that Thor and Loki had been. The blonde prince bounded forward with a large smile on his face to greet his friends enthusiastically, not at all put off by their unexpected company.

Lady Sif, the Goddess of War, was the most striking amongst them, just for being the only woman— and a beautiful woman at that. Her long, dark hair was almost always held away from her face (better for seeing the enemies you stab, she said.) Her blue eyes were sharp and full of intelligence; it was true that Loki admired her for her gift of battle strategy (unlike Thor, who only ever had one plan: attack) and her skill with a sword. She was a proud, honorable warrior who had earned her rightful place amongst Asgard's shield-maidens.