13│I'LL TAKE THIS MAGNETIC FORCE OF A MAN

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴇᴛᴏɪʟᴇ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ɪ'ʟʟ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪs
ᴍᴀɢɴᴇᴛɪᴄ ғᴏʀᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴀ ᴍᴀɴ 
ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴍʏ ℒ𝒪𝒱ℰℛ꒱

❝ YOU, MY DEAR, ARE HEAVEN ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

A S G A R D

Loki took in the brunette with a new light. It must have been so many years since she'd been royalty that she had forgotten how to carry herself like a princess, but he and Thor had met her brother, Freyr. There was a family resemblance there, in the untamable brown hair and matching eyes, her strong, slightly pointed chin that bordered on manly rather than feminine. He also admired Eleanora's unexpected skill in conveying important information without giving away their plans. He was so used to Thor's blundering diplomacy and his friends' equally deplorable subtlety that it was surprisingly nice to have someone who had that sort of talent. Yet another reason to love her, he thought fondly before quickly shutting down that train of thought.

Eleanora continued to speak as she explained the woman's story— as if Loki didn't already know it himself. "She has been missing for many a long year in servitude to a cruel and careless witch. Before she returns home, she would like the freedom to travel around Asgard as that is not a luxury she has experienced for countless centuries. I am sure that Asgard's golden palace is an impressive stop on her list."

His brother opened his mouth to most assuredly protest , but Loki spoke quickly across him. "We would not be doing our civic duty to deny a lady of royal pedigree the chance to see the glory of Asgard," he replied easily as understanding flashed between him and the blonde. "She must, of course, come with us, should she desire to. And brother, think of this as insurance that I will not be up to my usual tricks. Not even I would risk Asgard's relationship with Vanaheim."

"I would be honored to see the heart of Asgard's splendor," Freyja answered, her tone giving nothing away— not even Loki could tell how much she knew, if Eleanora had shared anything with her.

Thor agreed reluctantly. "Very well. I would not be one to deny a lady of sightseeing. We shall return you home promptly, whenever you wish, princess."

She smiled beatifically at him in response. They parted ways not long after, with the older prince going off to find his friends while Loki, Eleanora and Freyja embarked on a short tour of Asgard proper.

✧ ✧ ✧

"Eleanora has told me everything," Freyja informed Loki once they were relatively alone. "I would be happy to sanctify your marriage."

An amused smile curled on his lips as he glanced over at the blonde. "You've told everything? Surely you didn't include how, last night—"

"Everything that was important," she corrected him swiftly as a blush rose to her cheeks. "Don't be a jerk."

"I'm only teasing, darling. You'd best get used to it if you're going to put up with me for the coming years."

Eleanora only shook her head. "Are you sure we're meant for each other, Freyja?" She dropped her lighthearted tone as she became serious once more. "And are you sure you're willing to risk Odin's wrath for us? Because even though I have yet to meet him, from what I've heard, he'll certainly be less than pleased—"

"I'm sure," the brunette promised her firmly. "I know when two people are perfect together, and you two. . ." She trailed off, her expression turning into something that was both wistful and apologetic. ". . . will need each other in the coming centuries."