Chapter Eight

A/N: A picture of the dress she bought will be in the next chapter.

My wake up call early that morning was James, doing a belly flop on my back at some un-godly hour.

“Wakey wakey Ser!” He said in his gay sing song voice. How could anyone be so happy before the freaking sun came up?

“JAMES! GET YOUR UGLY FAT ASS OFF ME!”

Yeah, I wasn’t the happiest person in the mornings.

He just chuckled, amused by my anger.

“GET OFF ME JAMES ALEXANDER HARRIS! I HATE YOU! YOUR FAT!” I shot more and more profanities at him and finally he got up and sat beside me. “What do you want?”

“Ser, where were you last night? You just left school with Talen and didn’t come home. You never skip school with out telling us or going with us.” He smiled, probably thinking about all the good times we’ve had skipping school. “Are you guys…together?”

“Hell no James. He just asked me to prom.”

“You didn’t say yes…Did you?” He narrowed his eyes ever slightly, and I felt myself getting angry.

“Why the hell not, James?”

I was so not in the mood for this.

He sighed. “Seth was going to ask you. And you’ve been acting weird ever since he got here. And don’t you see? He’s wiggled his way in this family, and we don’t even talk anymore.” He shook his head. “I’m just concerned, is all. You told me ever since you became a…wolf…You didn’t want to get attached to anyone.”

“I can’t help it that Talen asked first, okay? And I haven’t gotten attached, don’t worry. It’s just prom, that’s all.”

But he was right. I had been acting different. I never skipped school with boys unless it was my brothers or Seth. And James and I had always been so close, and now I was lying to him. Of course I was getting attached. Hell, it was more than that. It was this strange pull I felt toward him and I just couldn’t help it, I wasn’t in control anymore. My heart was.

“Alright. Well, c’mon…It’s six thirty, we have to leave for school soon.”

I nodded, and he walked out my door, shutting it behind him. I slouched back into my bed.

I wanted so badly to tell James everything, like I normally do. I wanted to tell him how I felt when I was around Talen, the electricity that went through me whenever we touched. And above all, I wanted to tell him we kissed.

But I didn’t.

~

School went by like normal. Well, as normal as it could with Talen there. He talked to me like we were friends at school, but even then all of the girls hated me. They kept sending me mean glares weather I was with him or not.

Maybe word had already spread I was going to prom with him tomorrow then.

I suddenly remembered I don’t have a dress and slightly freaked out. All the sudden something was put underneath me and I was flailing forwards, hitting something very hard and feeling no strong arms around me.

It chuckled, and I recognized the sound.

“Trip over a speed bump again?” Talen teased.

I groaned.

This was going to be a long day.

~

After school I ditched all my brothers and Talen and drove to the closest mall I had, raiding all the dress stores.