Chapter Twelve

~Read note at end!~

Recap:

I walked slowly, not feeling like running in the shape I was in, through the trees. It was time.

I started pulling up my shirt to undress so I wouldn't rip my clothes when I shifted when I heard leaves crunching behind me. I whipped around, but saw nothing. My eyes swept the area just in case, but there was no one.

Pulling my shirt up, I only got halfway when someone’s hand went over my mouth and just like that, the world went black.

Nick's POV

I glared at Lucinda, who was behind me, when Serena turned around. She wasn't doing her fucking job.

She just focused harder on Serena, and as soon as she turned her back, Lucinda gave me the gesture, it was time.

I tip toed a step, testing out Lucinda's enchantment to find she had done well. Serena hadn’t heard me. I walked up behind her, covered her mouth so she wouldn't scream. Immediately her body went slack. Good, Lucinda was doing her job. I threw Serena over my shoulders and we trudged out of the woods.

~

Serena's POV

"c’mon, wake her up, Lucinda!"

"I am!"

"Serena, babe, wake up."

Opening my eyes slightly, Nick was right in front of my face. I jerked back.

"Did it work?" He pointed a finger at the dark skinned beauty beside him. "Cause if it didn't work, you know the consequences. I have no need for your-"

"Did what work?"

They both looked down to me. I waited for them to answer.

"Nothing...Nothing, babe." He smirked at me. "We have a big day today. Lots of things...to do. Get dressed."

For some reason, I obeyed. Every sensible fiber in my being screamed at me, but I felt as if I had no control over myself. Like I had no choice.

They both walked out and I surveyed my surroundings. I was in a bedroom, a spare at the look of if since it was really plain, without a sense of life in the room. No pictures, decor, spunk. Just a white bed, the one I lay on now, a night stand, a lamp, a closet, and a chair that was beside me, clean clothes lay neatly folded on it.

I got up, wincing at the pain.

Oh that's right...I hadn't chosen yet. Why not? I had set out to...

Then I remembered. The hand over my mouth, blacking out.

My conscious screamed at me to run away from here, from Nick, and quickly.

Why? He seemed sweet. I might as well spend a day with him.

What? What was I saying? For all I know I had been kidnapped by him and brought here.

Here? Where was here?

I shook my head, shrugging off my clothes and picking up the clean ones. Light pink plain tee, faded green shorts…Very basic, very me.

I thought about my situation.

I wondered why I felt like I needed to stay.

I realized I wanted to stay.

I fought the nagging urge in the back of my mind to run away. I didn't want to run away...I wanted to spend a day with Nick.

Yesterday, for me to act like this pigs would be flying and hell would be frozen but now…It’s what I wanted to do.