Chapter Seven

A/N: This is one of my favorite chapters so far...This is where the fun stuff comes in! Btw, not edited, I didn't have time. Don't rip my head off. Alright loveliesss, story time! :D

Recap:

Jake rubbed his neck, clearly stressed. "Dude, I have bad news."

Chapter Seven:

Talen narrowed his eyes at Jake slightly. "Yes?"

"Uhh…Well...See, I'm not in the pack anymore." Jake said, still looking very uneasy.

Talen untensed. "Oh. Okay. What happened?"

"After you left to be with your cousins, lots of people left the pact. Nick…went kind of crazy. Telling people if they even thought of leaving he’d kill them. I guess he was scared since he was losing numbers fast. Still doesn’t excuse him though.” He sat down on the sand and me and Talen followed suit.

Jake sighed, looking really tired, before he continued. “I stayed with him for a long time. Stayed by his side, even though he was insane. Then one day he came up with a bright idea he was going to kill everyone that had already left, to scare the remaining ones to stay,” He cleared his throat, starring at Talen. “Even their mates. Anyway, he ordered me not to tell you. And well, since he’s my alpha, I had to follow his command. So I either let you die, or disconnected from the pack so I could tell you. Everyone else is dead though. Dude, I’ve been looking for you forever.”

Talen’s POV

The story was sad. People were dead; Nick had gone dangerous and crazy. Sad story, but things like that happen all the time.

What was got under my skin was the mate part. No way in hell was I letting Serena get hurt. She was a weak human, incapable to defend herself. I made a vow not to let her out of my site until this was all over.

“Thanks man…Listen, go to my cousins pack. I’ll contact them and tell them your coming. Run there and run fast, alright?”

He nodded. “Alright, stay safe. It was good seeing you man. Good meeting you, Serena.” He winked at her and I could feel a growl coming up my throat but I forced it down. It was just Jake, I had to remind myself.

I grabbed her hand, leading her back to her car, welcoming the bolts of electricity that circulated through my body.  I needed to feel her, hold her, know she was safe. I wondered when she would feel the same. I didn’t know much about mates, other than once you make love your mates for life, with very few exceptions.

I mean, it had been days. Normally, when the human felt the pull toward their werewolf mate, they answered almost immediately. It was what started the phrase, “Love at first sight,” I think.

Maybe she had been hurt in the past or something and was denying love now or something. I noticed myself trembling at the thought of someone hurting my fragile, crazy little mate.

She was pretty crazy. Odd in every way there was. First she denies her mate, which I thought was humanly impossible, and she’s starts blabbing on about me being an alien or how she thought me and Natasha were going to kill her…Where does she come up with these things? And the fact she doesn’t even give a damn about what Taylor said to her…Most people would’ve ran in the other direction, crying.

I rubbed my eyes, feeling a headache coming on from all this information. I realized suddenly she was just starring at the ground, not saying anything. Didn’t she have a billion questions?