10) Penny for your thoughts?

"You're telling me all that's happened between the two of you, and yet, nothing's happened?" Bailey asks me softly.

I sob while laying on her lap.

"I don't know what to do. I try to, but everytime he gets close to me, I just can't. The problem's not him. It's me. I'm the one who's making it difficult for the both of us." I tell her.

"But sweetie, you need time! Time to get adjusted to all of this. This is new for you. He needs to understand that. In fact, I'm ready to give that jackass a piece of my mind!" Bailey says, stroking my hair.

"No Bailey. Don't call him a jackass. Not when he isn't one at all. He's very sweet. Those rose petals, the dim yellow lights and oh that beautiful romantic music playing in the background... It was like something out of those romantic books! Honestly, he's trying his best to make me happy too." I tell her, blowing my nose.

"Okay fine. He isn't a jackass. He's quite the gentleman, since I've known him myself. But he sort of rushes into things. I think, what you should do, is take your time and go on more romantic dates with him.

Let him buy you dinner, or you buy him lunch. Take him to the cinemas, share a popcorn bucket for god's sake! Just do something fun. You'll get used to his company. Right now your relationship is at this awkward stage where the two of you don't know what to say to each other, or how to behave. It'll take time, I'm sure it will, but I can see that even you want this to really work. I can see you like him very much." Bailey says.

"Yes, yes I do. Oh Bales, what would I do without you? You're the best friend everyone wishes they had." I say to her.

"Ofcourse they do. I'm one of a kind after all. Hehe, anyway, when are you going on a date then?" She asks.

"With Adam? It'll have to be after a month. Cause' starting this weekend, we're going to the Billionaire's wedding. To photograph the whole event." I tell her.

"Oh shit yeah! I totally forgot about that. Can I tag along with you if you don't mind? I'll be your assistant, so you'll not have to worry about me being a nuisance."

"OMG that'll be fun. Yes, you're coming too. I'll just tell them there's an additional member in the crew. They'll definitely not refuse. Hopefully, anyway." I tell her, squeezing her palms. She squeezes back gratefully.

This perks me up a bit. I almost immediately phone Juan and tell him about these quick changes in plans about Bailey tagging along with us. For some reason, he lights up too when he hears this.

"No shit, for real? Damn. I mean, obviously, Bailey is welcome anytime! I'll tell the others, bye boss," Juan says to me, quite cheerfully.

I raise an eyebrow at Bailey. Little did Juan know the call was put in speaker mode so Bales could hear everything.

"Someone likes you, huh? Juan isn't bad you know?" I tell her.

"This, I suppose, is an invitation for me to date your coworker? Not a chance. I ain't about that life just yet. My dream is to date Park Jimin from BTS. Huh, those dreamy eyess..." She goes on.

"Can you think realistically for once?" I laugh, pinching her cheeks. I love doing that to her, and she squeals too. Honestly, I adore her!

I stay silent for a moment. Life is good right now, even if things aren't good with Adam. I'm sure they will be... Definitely they will. Adam and I will make up. I hope so anyway.

"Penny for your thoughts??" Bailey asks me.

I sigh.

"They're worth much more than that, thankyou!" I tell her.