7

"Bailey, the most interesting thing happened" Richard walked up to her

"Sir" She turned and looked at him

"O'Malley walked in my office with your son the other week" Richard nodded "Said you two were in love and we're heading to Vegas soon as he divorced Torres"

"Sir" Miranda began to speak

"I'm aware of sarcasm Bailey. But why did he have him" He crossed his arms

"Tuck was in daycare and then he punched Harrison over a graham cracker. I had to talk to him about it apparently and I'm not entirely sure he even grasped when mommy said don't hit people because he is a baby for crying out loud. But then here comes Tucker. He already knows about Tuck hitting people and he says he's handling it. Our kid is punching people and I had no idea and then of course we start arguing again and George offers to take Tuck. O'Malley is attached to him. He was there for his birth and he is named after him"

"Slow down" Richard put his hand up

"Sir, I can practice medicine" Miranda got defensive "You sent O'Malley to the daycare to get Tuck"

"I recall" He nodded

"You wanted me to focus on medicine and so that is what I was doing but I am a mother too Richard. My son matters to me and so I wanted to spend time with him. But my husband doesn't see that. He doesn't see all I'm trying to do so George took Tuck so I could go talk or argue with Tucker"

"But you are absolutely focused on this" He asked her referring to the patient files in his hand

"I am" She nodded "I delegated"

"Good look for a future chief" He nodded "Love all this good publicity for the hospital. A clinical trial and it's Domino Day"

"Domino day" She smiled

Richard walked off and Bailey continued to fill out the board. "Eat that Mercy West" She whispered to herself. Which made her want to text Ben. She hesitated because of the tension she knew she was causing between him and Katrina but it was Domino Day and he's her best friend. She pulled out her phone to see he already texted her Happy Domino Day!!!. She laughed and replied thank you and promised to let him know how he goes.

She needed this. This was going to be a big win not just for the hospital but mainly for her. Dr. Miranda Bailey, Chief Resident and orchestrator of a 12-person domino surgery with six separate kidney transplants. Young, gifted, and black indeed. However, her dominoes began to fall when it was discovered that one of the donors was being paid for his kidney by his father and another one refused to donate because her husband was cheating on her.

Ben was at work when he got a call from Miranda

"Calling to gloat about your domino day" He laughed

"The dominos are falling Benjamin" She sighed

"What do you mean" He asked

"People may be paying for kidneys and cheaters are ruining everything. UNOS can't even save us at this point"

"But you know who can"

"You an organ donor" She asked

"You won't need me because you are going to fix it. You are a badass. You are intelligent. You are Miranda Bailey and you are one bad mother- let me watch myself. And you are going to pick up your dominoes and transplant 6 kidneys do you hear me" He hyped her up

"Thanks, Benjamin" She chuckled

"You're welcome now go and be the future of medicine. I want to see your beautiful smile in medical journals"