24

Ben and Miranda got into a groove of their relationship. They were officially living together and managing a cordial relationship with Tucker. Ben felt now was a good time to go ahead and pop the big question to her. He was more than ready to have the beauty Miranda Bailey as his wife. He and Tuck had already talked it over and Ben showed him the ring he planned to give Miranda. Tuck agreed the ring was good enough for his mommy. When they both had a day off and Tuck was with Tucker, Ben saw it as the perfect opportunity. He had a whole day planned for them and had something special planned for the proposal.

He went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for them. He had planned to eat breakfast and then maybe eat Miranda afterward. He smirked to himself. He just knew today was going to be great.

"We got one whole day. Tuck's with his dad. I think we should make the most of it ... Sargent exhibit at the Art Museum, Pike Place, maybe watch the sunset over the water. 12 whole hours to get to know the city that you have lived in for the past ten years but still have yet to s..."

On top of the food, he put a crossword puzzle. As he walked to the bedroom with the plate, she walked out of it, all dressed and ready to leave much to his surprise and disappointment.

" No. No, no, no, no, no. You are supposed to be naked." He shook his head

"Okay, well, the ... the hospital just called. A stomach perf with intestinal obstruction and an enlarged liver. They don't know what's causing it. Uh, uh, could be fun. You want to come?" She smiled at him. He wasn't going to let a stomach perforation ruin his day with the woman he loves so he agreed to tag along. Maybe the day could be salvaged.

Miranda met with the patient he asked her what could've caused his condition, but she told him she didn't know yet as they only know once they opened him up. He asked if it was something he could've picked up abroad, as he and his wife were just on their honeymoon. She then asked if they only got married recently, as it seemed to her like they had been together for a while. Something people say often about her and Ben and in a way they have been together for much longer than she gives them credit for. The time when they were friends but loved each other. The time they spent away from each other but loved each other. The time they got back together and had an affair. The time the affair ended she moved on but didn't because they loved each other. Throughout it all they loved each other.

Her patient had informed her that they have been married three times, but divorced two times. Surprised to hear that information she and Meredith congratulated them anyway.

In surgery, Miranda marveled at the liver before her. She was a surgeon true and true. Medicine was her true first love. She would say Tucker was her first love and Marcus King was her first crush. But any time she steps in the OR she recalls that her true first love is medicine.

"The stomach's adhered to the bowel, and look at the size of this liver. You know, this is one for the record book." She spoke with amazement

"We should be taking pictures," Ben remarked

Miranda too caught up in her excitement didn't sense that he was being sarcastic" Oh, we really should"

"Sure" He sighed

" Let's take a break"

"Wait for someone could find a camera. We got all the time in the world."

"We do have all the time in the world. This is my only case today"

"Because it's your day off." He was getting frustrated she wasn't grasping the idea. He wanted to spend the day with her. Not in the OR looking at a liver no matter how extraordinary she found it