26

Ben was in the store with Tuck. Miranda was due to have the baby any day now and they were getting some last-minute things for the house. Tuck was happily walking alongside the cart holding the list. What started as a trip to buy groceries quickly turned into Ben and Tuck putting baby things in the cart. They laughed as they made their way back to the grocery section to get back on task.

"What's next on the list" Ben asked Tuck

"Chicken nuggets"

"Interesting, I don't remember that being on the list" He looked at Tuck

"Yep, it is" Tuck nodded

"William George" Ben stopped pushing the cart

"Okay it's not but can we get them please" He smiled

"Fine" Ben laughed " But if mommy asks we don't know how it ended up in the cart" Ben winked

"Right," Tuck winked back. They turned down the aisle to get the frozen Dino nuggets. Tuck tugged on Ben's pant leg

"What's up buddy," He asked

"That's the girl from my school who told me I was her boyfriend" Tuck pointed at her

"I see" Ben chuckled remembering when Tuck came home telling them about the little girl. Miranda wanted to know what a kindergartener knew about a boyfriend. Ben thought it was cute.

"Well Tuck you guys are in kindergarten so you don't have to worry it's nothing serious" Ben laughed

"I won't have to marry her"

"Heavens no" Ben shook his head " Your mom would not let that happen"

"She said I couldn't play with Bella anymore"

"And who is Bella" He asked

"Bella likes to play dinosaurs with me. Her favorite is the triceratops"

"And that little girl doesn't want you playing with Bella"

Tuck nodded " She says I'm her boyfriend and I can't play with other girls but I was playing with Bella first"

The irony of the situation wasn't lost on Ben. Tuck was caught in a kindergartener's version of a love triangle. He thought about what to say to him.

"Well, Tuck you must be mindful of everyone's feelings here. You wouldn't want to hurt Bella or that little girl over there but also be mindful of what you want. Just sit down and talk about it and let her know that you aren't comfortable being her boyfriend for starters and then let her know that Bella is your friend. Bella is just your friend, right? You don't like have a crush on her or anything"

"What's that"

"Nothing, let's get the nuggets and head home" He tossed the nuggets in the cart. They left the store and arrived home. They put all the food away and tried to sneak all the things they bought that weren't on the list provided to them.

"Benjamin and William" Miranda stepped up behind them

"Yes" They turned around to look at her

"When did onesies get added to the list" She asked pulling them out of the bag " You were supposed to get food"

"We got food" Ben pointed to the food

"Tuck is that Dinosaur nuggets" She asked him

"I don't know how they got in the bag" He shrugged

"Oh, don't give me that" She looked at Ben "You taught him that"

"You should be resting" He changed the subject