Chapter 2

My life is really simple actually, but hectic at the same time. I would wake up, shove my brothers out of the way so I could use the toaster, get a bagel, and then the cream cheese out of the fridge, and then I'd go to school. When I got to school Whitney would be waiting for me at my locker and then we would  walk to first hour together. Then after school I'd change for practice, go to the boys locker room for our pre-practice pep talk, and then head out to the field to warm-up. After practice I would head home, take a shower, do half of my homework, eat dinner, finish the rest of my homework, go to bed, and do the same thing over again the next day. Sometimes, when William is over, we'd all play football together in the backyard.

***

When Monday morning came, I woke up, got dressed, went downstairs, shoved my brothers out of the way, made and ate my bagel, and went to school. When I got there, Whitney was waiting at my locker as usual, but she had a peculiar smile plastered onto her face, that meant something was up.

"Did you hear? Did you see him? Have you met him yet? What do you think of him?" Whitney just continued asking all of these questions without waiting for me to answer any of them, even though I had no idea what she talking about.

Finally, she stopped for air and I jumped in and asked, "What are you talking about? Hear what? See who? Meet who? Think of who? Who is this who?"

"The new kid? His name is Lincoln?"

"No. Why would I have met him or seen him yet if he's new?"

Whitney seemed disappointed with my answer. "I thought that you guys might have had a football meeting so you could meet him."

"Nope. Maybe I have a class or two with him, and if not I'll meet him at practice then." I finished grabbing my books out of my locker and Whitney and I walked to our first hour, our college chemistry course. 

When we walked into the classroom, I stopped dead in my tracks because sitting right in front of me, was the cutest boy I had ever seen. He had gorgeous blonde hair and deep green eyes that reminded me of a trees' leaves in the spring just growing back after the cold winter. So beautiful. 

Before Whitney could walk any further into the classroom, I reached out, grabbed her wrist, and pulled her out into the hall, outside of the classroom. Class didn't start for another five minutes so I knew we weren't going to be late. Especially since the teacher is really strict. 

"Hey! What are you doing?" Whitney asked. She was surprised and still in shock by my sudden pull on her wrist. I hope the new kid didn't see that. I mean Lincoln. 

"Is that him?" I said it in kind of a loud whisper.

"Yeah, that's Lincoln. I guess he's in our first hour." Whitney took a peek into the classroom at him. "What do you think Ads?"

"Um, I think he's pretty hot." When I said it, it had a bit of a sarcastic, truthful, duh kind of tone to it. Of course he's cute. That's why I pulled her out of the classroom. 

"Well you better get a move on him quick, guys as hot as him don't stay on the market for too long, especially with new buyers who are looking. But don't worry, you have an advantage, you have practice everyday with him, so this way you can both get to know each other, and he can see how cool and great you are, personality and football wise." She gave me a reassuring look and she sounded confident and truthful when she said it, so I'm gonna hope she's right on this one. "Now come on, let's get in our seats before we're late."

"Okay." I took a deep breath and walked into the classroom with my head held high, just like it was any other day and there wasn't a super gorgeous boy sitting right in front of me.