Chapter 6

I must have fallen asleep as soon as William went downstairs because I never heard the rest of the family come home. When I went downstairs into the kitchen, everyone was already up. William was even at the house already. He must have told my parents to let me sleep in a little longer.

"Good morning Ads."

"Good morning William. Thank you for last night too." I made my bagel and gathered my school and practice bag from the bottom of the stairs, where William placed them last night when he carried them in from the car. Then the door bell rang.

"I'll get it!" William shouted. He opened the door and said to who ever was at the door before school, "Hi, I'll get her for you." Then he turned around and shouted down the hall, "Adeline! Someone is here for you. Bring your stuff too."

"Coming."

When I got there, I noticed it was Lincoln. When William turned around he whispered my ear, "Don't blow it."

"Hi Lincoln. What are you doing here?"

"Can I take you to school?"

"Sure." I turned around and shouted down the hall, "I'm going to school!"

"Have a good day Ads!" I heard William say from the kitchen.

"Can we talk on the way?"

"Sure." We threw our bags in the back, hopped in the car, and buckled our seat belts. "So, what do you want to talk about?"

"Do you want to hang out sometime?"

"Isn't that what we're doing today after practice?"

"Well yeah, but I mean like on a date."

"I've never been on a date before."

"Then let me be your first." He looked at me, waiting for an answer. And when I didn't give him one, he continued. "I really like you Adeline. Your not like all those other girls. You take control of things. What you did last night was amazing. Most girls would have just said nothing, most girls wouldn't have even been out there on that field. But you were." I still didn't say anything. "You're amazing. I've never met anyone like you. Your smart. You're beautiful." That made me blush. I've never been called beautiful by anyone other than my family or Whitney.

"I like you too Lincoln." The words William said last night kept flashing through my mind, don't blow it, he likes you. "I would love to go on a date with you."

"Really? You would?"

"You sound surprised?"

"I wasn't sure that you would say yes. You're more conservative. And your so focused and driven, I wasn't sure if you would want a boyfriend, especially after the Alma college scout was so impressed with what you presented him with last night."

"I would love to go on a date with you Lincoln. I wouldn't date any of the other guys on the team because they're more like my brothers. And for every other guy in the school, your right, they would just be a distraction to me. But you, your so much more." I paused and looked at him, he was staring at me and had a huge smile plastered across his gorgeous face. "Can I tell you something?"

"Anything Adeline."

"I've never had a crush before, until I saw you sitting in my chemistry class that day."

"Yeah, I figured when you yanked Whitney back into the hall."

"You saw that?"

"Yeah. But it was really cute." I blushed again and stared down at my phone in my lap.