Chapter one

I should've known a long damn time ago that rafes cruelty knew no limits..... You'd seen it on multiple occasions growing up but never directed at you, as you were different.

I was a Kook and one of his good friends, and even sometimes chuckled at the taunting. It wasn't cool but it was never meant to be anything more than a harmless joke.

It wasn't until only recently that I hear the pogues were getting seriously hurt. I told Rafe I didn't like it, only to get a scoff or a look from him in return.

I made up excuses again and again, even when my cousin tried to drown John b, or when the boys all jumped pope, and even when a bad fight broke out at the movie night.

I'd awoken to the sound of my door being opened harshly, a light groan leaving me as the intruder opened my curtains, allowing the bright rays of sun to flood my room.

"We've been calling you all day jaz."

A familiar voice met my ears just as my cover was yanked from me.

"Yeah, well, that's why I put it on silent so I could bloody sleep." I mumbled, pulling a pillow over my face.

Rafes reaction was immediate, snatching it away and tossing it to the other side of the room. With a sigh, I rolled over onto my back, eyeing him as he rifled through my closet and threw a pair of jeans and a top at me.

"Get dressed, now." He demanded. "You know how impatient topper gets."

The slam of the door did nothing to help the raging headache, I resisted the urge to let out a groan at him again.

I quickly put some clothes on, not shocked in the least at being greeted with an empty house. It was always like this.

Toppers parents were hardly home these days, it was more so during the summer, and I supposed I couldn't blame them.

"There she is." I heard topper announce as I made my way to his jeep.

We headed to the club as they talked about this big party Kelce was throwing and I zone out thinking about breakfast.

Rafes eyes have barely left me since I stepped foot inside kelces house. The majority of the night has been spent with me tucked into his side, where rafe liked me.

He watches with a smile as I move my body freely, dancing without a care in the world. He knew all the guys were drooling over me, and normally that pissed him off.

However last time when he knocked a guy out cold everyone was well aware that I was off limits to all kooks.

I feel like I'm on cloud nine as the alcohol and the thumping music travel through me and Sarah was just as happy.

We're both dancing on each other, laughing loudly as the songs seem to carry my problems away for the time being.

My eyes shoot open as Grind with me comes on the speaker and Sarah shares a look with me. The two of us lose ourselves and scream and dance to the music.

Rafe is only half listening to some story he couldn't care less about that Kelce is telling. His focus is on me, and making sure I'm safe.

I was unaware of Rafes glare, too consumed with everything else going on, to notice.

It's not until I feel large hands, pressing my arms down that I scowl and whip around to see who the hell had the nerve to touch me.

As soon as I realise it's Rafe, my face lights up and I lean into him for a kiss. My smile quickly drops as he dodges me.

"What's wrong?"

I have to shout for him to hear me and he lets out a deep sigh. He can smell the liquor on my breath as he ponders whether this is even worth it before the irritation consumes him again.

I've turned back to Sarah now, seemingly bored as I waited for an answer. My hands are flailing in the air again and he presses himself into my back.

His hands snake around me as he grabs my hands hastily and puts them back down against my side.

"What the hell is your problem?" I snap and Rafes nostrils flare as he tries his best to keep control of his temper.

"My problem is that you're out here making all the guys think you're single. Every man is eyeing you like they are starving." He growls as I roll my eyes

"So?" I bite and he counted to ten in an attempt to calm down.

"So, you're not fucking single. You're mine."

My eyebrows raise at his harsh tone which seems to frustrate him more. Most of the time he loves that I give him a run for his money, but right now it only angers him more.

He hits a man that's clearly new here and walking towards me like a predator stalking his prey and snaps.

His hands wraps around my wrist and I'm about to protest, when he jerks me towards the bar and he glared at me.

"Let's get another drink."

I'm seconds away from asking him what his deal is for a second time but the words die on my tongue.

I watch as Rafe grabs hold of my chin. His grip is firm but not hard enough to hurt me as he tilts my head back.

I stared up at him with wide eyes, and his thumb moves to pull my mouth open. I don't resist and I allow him to part my lips with ease.

He bent down and nearly covers my body with his as he leans over my face. I suddenly realised what he was about to do, and excitement shoots through me.

Rafe is only like this when he's jealous, but rather territorial. It made absolutely no difference to me, the outcome is the same either way.