Chapter two

My eyes locked with his as his lips nearly touched mine, and he spits the liquid into my mouth. As his hands snap my jaw shut and I looked over at him defiantly.

"Swallow."

For once, I do what I'm told and he smiled at me victoriously as i open my mouth again to show him I listened.

When he glances back up, the man is gone and he releases his hold on me. He knew the power that he holds over me, and while he doesn't typically show it, moments like this reminded me who I belong to.

I'm staring up at him with doe eyes, and he knows he's got me.

"Go and have fun dancing."

He nudges me with a little smirk, and I take a step forward.

"No, I'm good right here with you."

He tsks and cocks his head to the side.

"You were having so much fun though, pretty girl. I'd hate to ruin your night."

I shook my head from side to side, now pressed to his chest.

"I'm having fun."

His face broke out in a shit-eating grin as he stood over me. I know that he's teasing me, but I didn't care in the slightest.

"Are you now?"

I nod just barely, and he smiles. I look so small and Innocent the way I had to tilt my head back to look up at him.

He reclaims his seat and pulls me down so I'm sat comfortably on his lap. There's plenty of room for me at the table, but that's neither here nor there.

Rafe has made it very clear that my throne is either on his lap or on his face, and who was I to argue?

It's not even 30 minutes before the two of us called it a night. Normally evenings like this would end in me tangled in his sheets.

However, I'm far past drunk and Rafe was sober for once.

I bid our goodbyes, promising to call Sarah in the morning, and let Rafe lead me outside. He tips the valet driver and opened my door, offering me his hand as I stumble into the seat.

My head rests on his broad chest while I flop my body around, seconds from losing consciousness. I barely register the feeling of his plush bed and his satin sheets when he sits me down, and I fling my body back.

Rafe chuckled to himself when he sees that I have sprawled out, not a care in the world. Usually, he's too fucked up to appreciate these moments.

His hands are gentle as he pulled off my dress and slips my favourite hoodie of his onto my small limp frame.

He was worried about disturbing me, but now it's clear that not even the apocalypse could interrupt my slumber.

He isn't entirely sure I've fallen asleep or if I've just blacked out, but the sound of my mumbled protests when he starts wiping my face off with a cold cloth, seems to ease his worries.

My words are incoherent, nothing more than silly rambling as he continues to wipe my face to keep me cool.

I would have his head on a platter if I woke up and was hot because he couldn't help me and wipe my face.

"I know, love. Just a couple more minutes and then I will let you get some rest."

He finishes up with wiping my face off and then he strips down to his boxers before climbing into bed.

I've managed to crawl under the covers, and Rafe shakes his head when he sees that I've taken up the entire bed.

He shifts me with ease and laughs when my body flings like a rag-doll. He plopped down under the covers and he smiles as i put my hand on his toned chest.

"Warm." I slur, and his big hand runs through my hair in soothing motions.

He waits to make sure that I'm not stirring and he lets his eyes flutter closed. No matter how much I push him, or let men think that they've got a chance with me, he knows I'll always be next to him at the end of the night.

I woke up the next morning and theres a note next to the bed from Rafe, telling me he's gone to go see his friends.

My eyes watching him from across the room, my tongue tucked firmly between my teeth to prevent me from calling out to him, to tell him to go and put a shirt on, and stop flaunting his body around the other women.

He eyes me carefully through his long lashes, and hiding his smirk behind the neck of the beer bottle that he has been drinking for the past ten minutes, occasionally taking sips.

He's less tense today, shoulders are looser and he seems a lot less agitated overall. it's the weed and the alcohol that running through his system, or it's me.

I hope it's me.

He gives me a simple look, and nods over towards the stairs and I smile to myself, knowing the look better than anything in this world. It takes a few moments after he leaves for me to slip away from Sarah's side.

Rafes standing at the top of the stairs with a silly grin on his face, head tilted teasingly at me as he extends his hand to help me up the rest of the stairs to his room.

I take it gladly, loving the feeling I get when I hold onto him.

"You miss me, princess?" He asks, and wrapping a strong arm around my waist, and pulls me to his chest, nose bumping cutely against mine while he's swaying us gently.

"Fuck you, Rafe." I whisper with a grin, pressing myself up on my tip toes to press a quick kiss to his lips, lingering for a moment as he moans lowly, a groan rumbling in his chest.

"Fuck me yourself, you coward." His hand slides up my arm, to my shoulder and landing on my neck, which forces a giggle. "Hiding from my sister, and trying not to look at me, you can't help yourself."

My lips slam against his, pressing him back into the wall behind him with no warning as he laughs at me lowly.

"Fuck, I missed you today." He whispers softly in my ears, biting playfully at my lip.