Chapter Three

"Where the hell is it!!" Rafe mumbled to himself, as he runs a hand through his hair and threw stuff on his bed before grabbing my purse out, dumping it as well.

"Rafe." I said nervously, fumbling with my hands, my back against his bedroom door. He turned and looked at me, his chest heaving up and down at a fast pace.

His blue eyes near black with rage, I was honestly scared to tell him what I was about to but I knew that guilt was going to escape either way.

"I flushed it." I said, my lip quivering as the tears flowed down my cheeks. Rafe took a step towards me, his face scrunched in anger.

"You did what?" He growls, through gritted teeth and I let out a shaky breath before wiping my tear away.

"I flushed the bag, Rafe." I repeated. Before I could even register what was happening, Rafe rushed at me, his large hand landing around my throat and lifting me up against the wall.

My eyes widen as my hands immediately land on his as I tried to pry them off me but he held onto my throat tighter.

"What did you do!!!!" Rafe screamed out into my face, his hot breath flowing my hair back from my face as I continued to gasp for air.

"R-Rafe ST-OP." I cried out, frantically pushing at his chest before he dropped me, my legs giving out as I landed on my bottom.

I sat in the corner next to his bed, coughing loudly as I tried to catch my breath. Rafe stared down at me for a few seconds angrily, before he pushes the  door open and leaves.

I sat quietly in front of my vanity mirror, tears on my cheeks as I slowly traced the bruises he left on my neck.

Rafes long fingers imprinted on the side, my silver necklace with the letter 'R' that Rafe had gotten me for my 18th birthday

I couldn't believe that had happened last night, it was almost unbelievable. The Rafe I know would never hurt me like this. The drugs were destroying the man I loved.

******************

"Damn girl my brother needs to lay off your neck, it's disgusting." Sarah gagged

"What the fuck, these aren't hickeys." She said and jumped up, tugging my hoodie off me and gasped as she seen the outline of his fingers.

"Did my brother do this to you?" She asked me

"Please be quiet. My cousin will hear." I stood up

"Good." Sarah spat out, I grabbed her by the hand dragging her out into my front yard so I could be more quiet.

"Sarah he needs help. This is the drugs." I said and point at my neck. She shook her head in anger and crosses her arms.

"I don't care what drugs he's on he has no right to do this to you." She stated her voice softening after seeing me distraught.

"If he does it again to you jazzy I swear to god I'll kill him." I nodded before pulling her into a tight hug.

"Jaz." I nearly jumped up from the floor as a voice had startled me. It was Rafe, and he looked like he hadn't slept. His blue eyes were puffy and red, and he had bags under his eyes.

"God." He mumbled to himself softly as he saw all the bruises along my neck. He took a step towards me, making me take a step back from him, only to get blocked by the bed.

Rafe reaches up toward my neck which causes me to flinch, causing him to stop moving. He waited a second before slowly reaching out, placing a hand on my neck.

"I did this." He cries out quietly, his eyes stayed on my neck. I could tell that Rafe was sorry, he most likely didn't even realise what he was doing until it was too late.

 I could tell that Rafe was sorry, he most likely didn't even realise what he was doing until it was too late

But drugs will do that to you. They make you react irrationally, do things you would've never done as it clouds your thoughts and judgement.

"I can't believe I hurt you, love." He said, his eyes finally making their way to mine. I couldn't even believe it myself.

Rafe had never hurt me. Yeah we had a lot of bad arguments and hateful things were said, but Rafe had never laid a finger on me.

"I'm so sorry." He said as his hand drops down off my neck, his head lowering. I watched as his face drops and he cries into the crook of my neck, as he held my hand.

"I don't know what's wrong with me, you are my world and didn't deserve that." He cried out. It had been a long time since I'd seen him this upset about me.

"I just wish we could go back to the night we met, I want you to forget about this. I would have never started drugs."

I knew Rafe was lost. He needed help. But he had nobody who would help him. His sister brushed it off as a drug addiction, and made jokes about him and his dad made him out as some uncontrollable boy who he just wants out of the picture so that he doesn't have to deal with him.

All Rafe had was me. And despite his mistakes, I just didn't have it in me to abandon him at the low point in his life, I loved him.

"Through thick and thin Rafe." I spoke, reminding him of a promise I had made so many times and I plan to stick by it.

"I'll do better for you I promise baby. I swear this won't happen again." He stated while running his hand over my neck gently.

"I know." I said softly before placing my lips onto his, smiling softly.

It was going to be a long painful journey for me as well as him. It was going to be hard to trust that I won't get hurt again.