Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Ch. 33: Izzy Strikes Back

I didn't think things would get worse so soon, but Izzy Rollins was a fucking fast worker.

The sun was barely setting when Camden texted, asking if I'd seen what the bitch had done. She didn't mention Izzy by name, but I as soon as I opened the message, I knew exactly who she meant.

Camden followed her text with several links, and my stomach dropped into my shoes. They were all links to trash tabloid sites well known for stirring up shit about celebrities. They were probably already spreading gossip about Finn and me, but Camden wouldn't have texted me about that. Something else was going on.

Slumping onto the sofa, I opened the first link.

"Oh, you bitch," I muttered.

"What's up?" Finn said, dumping more logs into the stove and closing the door.

"Finn Donovan's mystery woman is only using him to further her career," I read the headline out-loud.

"This should be good," Finn said, sitting next to me.

"Fans of rockstar Finn Donovan were shocked to discover that the infamous bachelor has been secretly living with his girlfriend who, earlier today, was unmasked as Tasha Harris, the younger sister of Camden Harris, currently married to Angels & Demons frontman Jude Scott. Apparently seducing famous rockstars runs in the family," I read.

I paused, lowered my phone.

"Only the first paragraph and it's already full of shit. Camden changed her surname to Scott months ago, and no one can say whether or she seduced Jude or he seduced her, or they both seduced each other because not even they remember what happened the night they met and got married," I said.

"You did seduce me though," Finn said.

"Oh please, like you were resisting."

He gasped and clutched his chest. "I did everything I could but you were determined to have me."

I giggled. "Damn right I was, and I'm not sorry about it."

"Keep reading," Finn said.

"The Irish-born former member of Momentum is notoriously tight-lipped about his romantic attachments, and he has yet to comment on his relationship with Tasha Harris, but a source close to Tasha has claimed that the younger Harris is simply using Finn to further her career." I had to stop again because that hit way too close to home.

"'She doesn't care about Finn at all' claims the source," I continued. "'She's using him to land an internship with Clash.' Clash, the leading rock music magazine in the country has yet to respond. The source accuses Jude Scott of nepotism, claiming that he arranged the exclusive interview for his sister-in-law, giving her an unfair advantage over other aspiring interns. The source also claims that Clash themselves were aware of this nepotism and betrayed their journalistic integrity by allowing blatant favouritism."

I looked up from my phone, my mind whirring. Why was Izzy going after Clash?

"Anything else?" Finn asked.

"Yeah. It's unclear whether Jude knew about his sister-in-law's designs to seduce Finn, or what impact that might have on his friendship with Finn. It also raises questions as to the legitimacy of Jude's surprise Vegas wedding to Camden, which was dogged with speculation that it was all for publicity. The source reports having no knowledge on what went wrong with rumoured reconciliation between Finn and former flame Penny Lang, and though Penny recently expressed surprise that Finn might have a girlfriend, she has yet to comment on this latest development."