Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Ch. 32: The Rumour Storm

Over the next few days, things went back to normal, but at the same time they didn't. Finn and I had been stripped in front of each other in a way that went beyond physical nudity. Our relationship – whatever it was – had been shaken, badly, but it hadn't collapsed.

But I couldn't dislodge the lingering tension from everything that had happened. The initial rumour storm might be over, but I had the sinking feeling that another one wasn't too far off.

It came sooner than I'd expected.

One morning, while I was snuggled in bed with Finn, his arm slung over me in that way I liked so much, our arms clasped, my phone exploded with notifications.

"What the hell?" I mumbled.

I should have known better than to open them, but I'd only been awake a couple of minutes and my brain was still sleep-fogged, common sense lagging behind.

My thumb tapped my DMs, even though a voice in my head screamed, No! Don't!

An icy fist clutched my heart.

You fucking whore.

That was all the message read. I blinked at it, my mouth opening and closing, then I opened the next.

You're so fucking ugly. Finn doesn't really want you. You should kill yourself.

The next message just said, Die.

They went on and on.

I'm going to fucking find you, bitch.

You'd better hope you never meet the Pinn army in real life.

BITCH!

Leave Finn alone. He's with Penny.

How big is Finn's dick?

I know where you fucking live.

Stupid bitch whore, just like your sister.

Fucking hang yourself, bitch.

My eyes swam with tears and the messages went blurry. There were still so many I hadn't read, and these were just the DMs. I didn't dare read the comments.

"Finn?" I whispered.

He sat up. "What's wrong?"

I handed him my phone, and Finn silently read the messages while I tried to calm my racing heart. Those weren't comments about me upon posts or threads that I'd stumbled upon. Those had been sent directly to my personal socials.

"The fuck is all this?" Finn said, his voice rough with anger.

"They know who I am," I said dully. "Someone's leaked my identity."

Finn went rigid. "If Lily –"

"She wouldn't," I said at once. "I trust her."

He laughed darkly. "I trusted Justina and Suzanne and look how that turned out. Jude and Camden trusted Elle."

"It's not Lily. She wouldn't do something like this," I insisted.

Right on cue, my phone pinged again, this time with texts from Lily.

The fuck's going on? she said. My inbox is full of fucking weirdoes asking for dirt on you.

Someone leaked my identity, I texted back.

Motherfucker! she replied.

Yep.

Finn watched me text, his jaw working with barely restrained fury. "Who the hell else would know about this?" he said.