The Meadow - ch 6

Hailey looked up from where she's been examining a particularly interesting flower and saw Lily approaching her.

For a moment, she contemplated whey Lily had asked, before responding, feeling a mixture of anticipation and apprehension. "While I think I may have found what I'm meant to do, there's still so many other options to experience first."

"I'm sorry Hailey, "Lily began to explain, "But your time here is up.  Think about it carefully, because the next words out of your mouth will shape your future, determine the life you live out."

Hailey's eyes grew big and her heart began to ppund in her chest. She took a seep breath and remained silent, thinking about the weight that had just been placed on her.

But the pause didnt last long. Only a few moments into her thoughts, Hailey felt a confidence rise within her. She knew definitively what she wanted to do.

"I want to return to my family, Denzel's family. I love my family with all my heart and can not bare to go on without them. I want to return as a beautiful, ultra-feminine, compassionate, hardworking labor and delivery nurse who makes a name for herself and eventually gets to go help deliver babies in a makeshift hospital on the savanna in the sweltering heat of the motherland of central Africa."

"That can be arranged," Lily explained, "however, there are stipulations for returning to your previous life, as a girl. I'm not supposed to tell you this, but I like you and want to see you experience all life has in store for such a sweet girl as you. If you allowed me to place you, you'd find yourself in a family where you assume the life of a beautiful, strong, independent girl that they have always known as a girl and you will assume that girls entire life's worth of momories, knowledge, and experiences. That family will be exactly what you need and will have the means and support structure to allow you to easily achieve your goals and will allow you to comfortably live the exact life you've chosen."

"Okay and if I go back to my family?"

"You'll find you are the same person you were before you fell through the mirror, only you'll be female. You'll have all the same memories and experiences from your male life before and this will cause you to struggle to navigate your new life as a girl, without the advantage of having the knowledge and experiences of the first fifteen years of life as a girl. Your family and friends, will know you as a boy with a Disorder of Sexual Development who has just found out he is really a girl, born with XX chromosomes, and a medical condition, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, that caused her to be born with an enlarged clitoris, (a "pseudo-penis") and fused labia. This led them to belive them to believe at birth, that you were a boy and raised you as such until now, when a doctor discovered your true gender while trying to deternine why you hadnt started male puberty yer, were starting to grow breast buds, and having severe abdominal pains. You will have to go through corrective surgeries and have to go through a difficult transition and tryingvto learn how to live life as a girl, and go through the difficult time of your friends and particularly your family struggling to understand and accept your misgendering at birth due to a medical condition. Your family will have a hard time trying to suddenly think of you as a girl and not the son they've always known. The desire you had as a boy to experience life as a girl will translate into you being even more in tune with your femininity. Tho difficult, you'll eventually become more in touch with your femininity than most girls, even as you struggle to adapt to daily life. This will lead to much more passionate relationships with others and make you a much more compassionate, deeply emotional, and sexually passionate woman, once you finally figure it all out."

"But, I'm willing to go through all of that to stay with my family," Hailey stated, interrupting Lily. "It doesn't change my mind. I'm ready."

"Hold on. Just wait, there's more. You won't have the same support structure you otherwise would have had. By choosing to go back to your diesel mechanic father and stay-at-home, part time work from home mother, parents who struggle paycheck to paycheck,  you may or may not end up reaching your goal. The path to  getting there will be harder, much, much harder and with financial hardships and a lot of heartache along the way. If you would have chosen to allow me to place you, your new father would have been a world renown pediatric surgeon and your mom a highly respected labor and delivery nurse, so you can see the environment you would have grown up in along with having parents who constantly work to instill in you a love for learning as well as having the means to send you to the best schools. Life would be much more comfortable and you would have gotten to enjoy the finer things in life, as you became a young woman."