Ch 12 Family

When Brad entered the front door, home from school on Friday afternoon, his dad was waiting for him. He wasn't yet in women's clothes, but his hair and makeup was done and his nails were flawlessly painted.

"Come to the spare room with me," was the first thing Gerald said to his son.

Together they hurried to the room with the mirror and Gerald opened the closet door.

Brad could see several of dad's dresses hanging in front.

"I don't have to hide things from you any longer," Gerald told him as if he read Brad's thoughts. "And, I thought you might like something."

He turned and held out a brand new dress in Brad's size.

Brad's mouth dropped open as he reached out to hold the dress.

"Is this for me?" he gasped.

"I thought you might like something of your very own this time," he explained. "I also picked up some new panties for you. Sorry, nothing silky or lacy or thong-like, I think fourteen is a bit too young for that right now. I was going to get you a padded bra as well, but I thought we should wait until your fitting tomorrow."

"Okay," Brad replied, a little disappointment in his voice over the lack of silk or lace.

He looked the dress over. Lime green, sleeveless, high waist with a full skirt. He held it against himself checking the length, pretty short, well above his knees.

"Dad, I love it, but how did you have time to shop for all this?"

"Well, I went to the other side this morning and called in sick from work, then returned here and went shopping."

"Awesome. That's so cool. Thanks for the dress, Dad. I'm going to my room to change, now."

"Wait," Gerald called out to Brad as he approached the door.

Brad turned around just as his dad opened a drawer on the right side of the dresser. "I've set these two drawers aside for your things," he informed Brad, indicating that drawer and the one below it. "I took the liberty to empty your box. I put everything in these drawers, and hung some things in the closet next to my things. I know you don't have much, but once we get through the mirror, you'll find you have plenty of clothes or will with all the shopping were going to do. Now, grab what you need, go change and let's get this weekend started!"

Brad rushed over and grabbed a couple of things, including the sandals he had worn the previous weekend.

Thinking about what was about to happen, Brad's heart skipped a beat as the excitement welled up in him. He carried the things he was about to put on, across the hall to his room.

Back in the mirror room, Gerald selected his own outfit, his underwear of a much sexier grown-up variety. He slipped on the satin and lace panties and the matching bra, thinking about how he was sure his son would love something like this of his own, but it wasn't time, just yet.

If Brad didn't lose interest in this, Gerald knew he'd be ready to express himself in all kinds of ways as an older teen.

Gerald selected a dress and pulled it down over his head, smoothing it across his hips. He liked the form-fitting dresses, especially since he knew how well his curvaceous body on the other side, fit them perfectly.

He had just gotten his hose on and finished slipping his foot into one of his high heels when Brad burst back into the room.

"Don't you just look darling?" His day excitedly exclaimed, looking up.

He was beaming and looked really cute in his new dress and sandals, but Gerald knew what that dress really needed was a cute pair of low heels to go with it.

Gerald stood up, "I'm ready. Now, I haven't ever tried going through to that side with someone else. I think we'll exit through the same mirror, but maybe not. I guess it really depends on where our alters are at  when we pass through. Last time you ended up at the school and I ended up at home. I think we should maybe try holding hands as we do it."

"Okay  .  .  . Mom." Brad replied as he anxiously reached out his hand, while staring at the mirror.

Gerald took Brad's hand and they moved toward the mirror. It was too narrow for them to walk through side by side, so Gerald decided he would go first to be sure he didn't let go of Brad's hand.

"If we get separated, just turn around and come back through. We'll work out a different plan, I don't want to spend all night trying to figure out where you went. Just in case Miranda doesn't know either. Okay?" Gerald asked.

"Okay, I promise." Brad replied while staring at the mirror and fingering the dress.

Gerald nodded, turned and reached out to the mirror. His fingers passed through the glass as it rippled slightly. He took a step and slipped into another bedroom as Miranda.

She felt Brad's fingers slip from hers as her second hand passed through. She glanced back and saw that Brad was no longer behind her.

Just as planned, she turned back toward the mirror and returned to the spare bedroom of Gerald's life to find Brad wasn't there either.

He stepped from in front of the mirror and waited for Brad to return.