Ch 17 Family

As the sun began to set, casting a warm golden glow over the ocean, they made their way back to the house. The transformation was almost surreal, going to the confident, stunning girl from the shy, awkward boy he had been just a few days ago. They sat together on the edge of Amanda's bed, looking at the mirror, exhausted but still reluctant to call it the end of the weekend.

"So, how was it for you?" Amanda asked, her voice barely above a whisper. "Was it everything you hoped it would be?"

Brad nodded, his eyes shining with tears of joy. "It was amazing, Mom. I can't even begin to describe how much I appreciate this. I got to be a real girl for the first time in my life. I wish I could stay like this forever."

Amanda smiled at her son, her eyes glistening with tears as well. "I'm so glad you enjoyed it, sweetheart. It's been hard for me not to wish that I could have been in your place, experiencing all that you've been through. But I'm also happy that I got to be here, living my dream, better late than never I guess, while getting to also see you live your dream, even if it was just for a little while."

As they sat there, the room seemed to shrink around them, the weight of reality pressing down on their shoulders. It was hard to believe that this amazing weekend had come to an end. Amanda sat on the edge of the bed, in tears, knowing that it was time to shower, change, and head back through the mirror when she would have to resume life as a boy.

Brad, or rather Brooke, leaned against Amanda, their bodies still warm from the day's activities. "I'm going to miss this so much, Mom," she whispered, her voice shaking. "I don't want to go back."

Amanda wrapped her arms around her daughter, holding her tight. "I know, sweetheart. I know. But we have to." She wiped away a tear, trying to be strong for Brooke. "We can come back anytime you want. This mirror will always be here, and so will I. You're my daughter, and I'm your hot mom no matter what."

The two of them sat there in silence for a moment, lost in their own thoughts. The reflection of the setting sun flickered across the mirror, casting a warm glow on their faces. Finally Amanda stood up, "It's time. Go shower. Make sure not a single grain of sand is left on you from the beach, then use this polish remover and cotton balls to completely remove all traces of polish from your nails. When you're done, put the clothes back on you had on when you arrived, then wait for me. I'm headed to do the same."

Her eyes still filled with tears, Brooke nodded, swallowing hard as she forced himself to stand. She walked to the bathroom, her movements stiff and hesitant. She had to force herself to remove the bikini and turn on the shower, desperately not wanting to return to being a boy in the other side of the mirror.

With hot water pouring over her in the shower, Brooke closed her eyes and let the memories of the weekend replay in her mind. Suddenly she was back in the dressing room admiring herself in the mirror, Brad having his first experience wearing a breast filled bra. She reexperienced her time in the shoe store, where she had quite literally tried on every single style in the entire store, in her size and then mentally re-lived the experience she'd had on Friday night in the bathroom at school with Carter.

She thought about how there had been this one boy on the beach earlier throwing a Frisbee over and over that his dog would run and catch then bring back to him so he could throw it again. Watching him, with his curly blonde hair whipping around in the warm, gentle summer breeze had done something to her that made her want to return to the beach, just for the chance of maybe getting to see him again.

She had guessed he was probably sixteen or seventeen years old and when he made eye contact with her,  he had winked at her. When he did that, she had felt something Brad had only ever briefly experienced once before. Down in Brooke's beautiful female nether regions a mild warmth began to build, a warmth that quickly grew warmer and spread outward, filling her with a giddiness that Brad soon realized was a feeling of attraction for that boy. Even now, as she stood in the shower reminiscing, the same warmth began to build. It quickly became too intense to ignore. Brad/Brooke reached down and began to explore the female anatomy he had not allowed himself the experience of touching, until now.