CHAPTER 18 - Luke Imperia vs. Jayden Shadowhart

Fike's heart hammered against his ribs. He had used signature detection, the magic foolproof. Yet, this... this was anything but the familiar landing point. Shame and fear warred within him. His doubt manifested as Jarad's gaze, usually filled with unwavering trust, now held a flicker of suspicion.

Suddenly, a chilling voice echoed through the desolation. "Well, well, you've arrived earlier than I expected."

They whirled around, blood turning to ice. A black portal sliced through the sky, and from its depths emerged Luke Imperia, his cruel smile twisting the desolate landscape into an even more sinister scene.

"Luke Imperia," Jarad growled, his voice laced with defiance despite the tremor in his limbs. "What have you done?"

The Shadow Imperial's smile widened, devoid of warmth. "Just a little... redecoration," he purred, his eyes gleaming with an unsettling power. "Welcome to the ruins of the Imperial Realm, gentlemen. Enjoy your stay."

The wasteland seemed to press in closer, the weight of their predicament settling upon them like a shroud. This was no longer a fight for Alex; it was a fight for survival, a desperate struggle against an enemy who had rewritten the very world around them. The trio, battered and uncertain, stood at the precipice of a dark new chapter, one where hope seemed as fleeting as the dust swirling at their feet

In the dimly lit cavern, tension hung thick like a shroud as Jayden confronted Luke Imperia. The air crackled with an unspoken challenge, and the words exchanged were laced with a potent mix of anger and concern.

"What is it that you want from us?" Jayden's voice sliced through the heavy atmosphere, his eyes locked onto Luke.

Luke, seemingly amused, chuckled before responding, "And what is it that you want from that innocent kid, Alex?"

"Innocent?" Luke scoffed at the notion. "You call Alex innocent, but you know nothing about him. You don't know his origins or the power he can handle."

Jarad, standing beside Jayden, pleaded, "Please return Alex to us."

A mocking laugh escaped Luke's lips. "I'm not planning to keep him. He'll return to you when the time comes, but there's a chance that only his corpse might return. You'll never know, haha."

Jayden, fueled by rage, couldn't hold back. "Bastard! How dare you involve him in this? He shouldn't even be a part of it."

Luke grinned, reveling in the chaos he had stirred. "You know nothing, Jayden Shadowhart of the Crimson Sword, the Crimson Shadow Hunter. You truly live up to your name."

Fike, a bystander drawn into the unfolding drama, couldn't help but express his awe. "That's the world's best assassin! He truly is amazing."

Jared, Jayden's father, offered a warning. "He's not an opponent you can take on yourself, Jay. Stay out of this fight."

Ignoring the advice, Jayden closed his eyes, chanting a subspace open. From it, he drew his crimson sword, proclaiming, "Veil of Shadows, 1st step."

Luke, seemingly unimpressed, faced Jayden's relentless assault. "My, my, Jayden. You live up to your name, but I've seen better."

Undeterred, Jayden pressed on, attacking with a crimson sword aura that pushed Luke back. To everyone's surprise, Luke blocked with minimal effort, sustaining zero injuries."Jayden Shadowhart of the Crimson Sword, the Crimson Shadow Hunter," Luke mused. "You definitely live up to your name."

Fike, still marveling at the scene, muttered, "Jayden is impressive, but Luke is on a whole other level. I can't even fathom what that guy can do."Luke, taking in a deep breath, whispered, "Veil of Shadows, 1st step."Jayden, bewildered, questioned, "No way. How are you able to use Veil of Shadows? That's just not possible."

In a sudden turn of events, Luke delivered a swift attack to Jayden, sending him hurtling into a rock. The impact was severe, far surpassing the effects of Jayden's earlier assault.

"This is how you should use it, kid," Luke declared, a sinister grin playing on his lips.Undeterred, Jayden rose from the wreckage. "How dare you mock the Shadowhart clan!"Luke, unfazed, chanted, "Dark Restrains."

Suddenly, an unknown dark energy enveloped Jarad, Jayden, and Fike, immobilizing them. Panicking, Jarad exclaimed, "I can't get these things off me!"

Luke, having gathered everyone in one place, seized the opportunity. "Listen to what I have to say. I need your help, gentlemen," he declared, leaving the captive trio to ponder the gravity of his words.

HEYY THANKYOU FOR READING!! THAT'S THE END OF CHAPTER 18 !!