CHAPTER 27 - Awakening

Fike gaped at the fantastical landscape around them. "Whoa," he breathed, his voice tinged with awe. "A place like this exists on Earth? I had no idea!"

Luke's lips curled into a smirk. "Of course you didn't," he said with a hint of condescension. "You only saw what we wanted you to see."

Fike flushed, stung by Luke's sharp words. "That's kinda rude, don't you think?" he mumbled.

Luke shrugged, unfazed. "Just stating facts," he replied, a dangerous glint in his eyes. "Did I hurt your feelings?"

Fike decided to drop the matter. "It's alright," he muttered, turning his gaze back to the wondrous scenery.

Leland, ever practical, cut through the tension. "Lanez," he said, "is Alex awake?"

Lanez furrowed his brow, focusing his energy. "He's stirring," he confirmed. "His aura is faint, but it's there."

Jayden's face lit up with relief and concern. "Take me to him," he demanded, his voice trembling slightly. "I need to see him."

Leland nodded curtly. "We're on it."

The group made their way towards a towering structure in the distance. It combined futuristic design elements with ancient, almost organic architecture. It exuded a sense of power and age, defying categorization.

"Is this where he is?" Jayden asked, anxiety creeping into his voice.

"He is," Leland confirmed.

They boarded a hovering platform that appeared at their command. It elevated them smoothly, gliding them towards the top floor. Stepping off, the group found themselves facing a single, imposing door.

"Go see him," Luke said, gesturing towards the door. "He's right behind it."

Jayden rushed forward, his heart hammering in his chest. "Alex," he called out as he reached for the handle, "finally, I get to see you!"

Suddenly, a surge of dark, condensed energy erupted from within the room. The metal door buckled and blew inwards, the force of the blast sending Jayden flying backward. The entire floor lit up with the ominous glow of the dark aura.

Luke chuckled, a cold amusement gleaming in his eyes. "Seems like he doesn't have control over his powers yet," he remarked.

Ignoring the chaos he'd caused, he addressed the figure within the room. "Good morning, Alex," he said with a sardonic smile.

A bewildered voice echoed from the smoke-filled room. "Where am I?" it asked. "And who are you people?"