CHAPTER 9 - FAMILY TIES

As the swirling portal subsided, Alex stepped out, wide-eyed and breathless, into a world unlike anything he had ever seen. The wind whipped through his hair as he took in the towering skyscrapers that pierced the clouds, their sleek metallic surfaces gleaming under the neon-lit sky.

"Woahh! What is this place, Mr. Fike?" he exclaimed, his voice filled with awe. "Where exactly are we?"

Fike, his lips curling into a knowing smile, replied, "Kid, remember the four realms I mentioned? We're in the Imperial Realm, the largest one where Imperials and elite clans reside."

Alex's amazement grew. "So, if we're in the Imperial Realm now, where were we before? Where was I raised?"

Before Fike could respond, Jayden interjected, his voice laced with a hint of nostalgia.

"It's called 'Nebula,' a place outside the four great realms. Only certain people have access. That's where we lived for the past 18 years, Alex."

Alex absorbed this information, his mind reeling from the continuous revelations. "So, it's like a fifth realm?"

Jayden nodded in affirmation.

Fike, with a gesture, deactivated their floating ability, and they began their descent towards the futuristic cityscape below. Their footsteps echoed on the metallic ground as they approached one of the towering skyscrapers.

They entered the building, its interior sleek and modern, A sense of familiarity washed over Jayden

"This sure brings back memories," he murmured softly.

Fike, overhearing his comment, inquired, "What do you mean, Jayden?"

Jayden, unable to contain his amusement any longer, burst into laughter.

"Haha, Fike, you work for the Imperials, and you still don't know about me? What a pity."

Fike, puzzled by Jayden's outburst, promised to look into it later. As they proceeded further into the building, a door slid open, revealing an empty entryway.

"What? There's no one. How did this door open?" Fike exclaimed, his brow furrowed in confusion.

A mysterious voice echoed from the depths of the building, causing a shiver to run down Fike's spine.

"Haha, amateurs."

The voice continued, its tone laced with amusement.

Jayden couldn't help but laugh again, his mirth confusing Alex and Fike.

"Fike, what's wrong, ? Did I do something funny?" Fike inquired, his voice laced with apprehension.

The mysterious figure finally emerged from the shadows, revealing himself to be an elderly man with a commanding presence. His eyes sparkled with wisdom and experience.

"Pay your respects to the great Jarad, acknowledged by the Imperials. Some call him the 5th Imperial," Fike instructed, his voice filled with reverence.

Jayden's laughter continued, leaving Fike and Alex utterly bewildered.

Fike, unable to contain his frustration, turned to Jayden and asked, "What's so funny?"

Jayden, with a mischievous grin, dropped a bombshell.

"How can I not know my own dad who raised and made me the best assassin in the world?"

Fike and Alex gasped in unison, their eyes wide with disbelief.

"What?" they exclaimed in perfect sync.

Jayden turned to Jarad, his expression softening.

Jarad puts his arm around Jayden neck, "My son, How have you been?"Jarad asks Jayden with a caring expression painted all over his face

"Never better dad, and your grandson is standing right there. His name is..."

Before Jayden could finish, Jarad cut in.

"Oh, I know. So, this is Alex. How are you, Alex?"

Alex, still processing the revelations, managed to stammer a response.

"I'm fine, Grandpa."

Jarad acknowledged the need for further discussion.

"So, there are a few things we have to discuss, isn't that right, Fike?"

Fike, still in a state of shock, nodded hesitantly.

"Yessiree."

As the trio stood there, surrounded by the opulence and grandeur of the Imperial Realm, a new chapter in Alex's life was about to unfold, filled with unexpected twists, turns, and the revelation of long-lost family ties.

HEYY THANK YOU FOR READING!! THAT'S THE END OF CHAPTER 9!