CHAPTER 26 - Unveiled Realm

Disoriented and utterly confused, Jayden stumbled through the swirling darkness of the portal. The jarring transition left him breathless and his stomach churning. When his vision finally cleared, he found himself surrounded by his companions, all looking equally bewildered.

"What happened?" he gasped, his voice hoarse. "Why did you rush us out like that?"

Before Lanez could answer, Luke stepped forward, his face etched with a mixture of fear and determination. "It's his aura," he said, his voice tight. "We all sensed it. It's too dangerous to be near him."

Jayden's brow furrowed. "What man?" he demanded. "Who were you so afraid of?"

Leland, his usual bravado replaced by a tense silence, finally spoke. "It's Adam Imperia," he revealed, his voice heavy with a reverence that bordered on fear. "The first human on this earth, the one who made us who we are. Our eldest brother."

A gasp escaped Jarad's lips. "The kingmaker himself," he muttered, a flicker of understanding crossing his features. "No wonder you lot were scared."

"And what about that creature?" Jayden persisted, his mind still reeling from the revelation about Adam Imperia. "It keeps showing up."

Lanez, his expression grim, took over the explanation. "The creature," he began, "is called the Midnight Guardian. As the name suggests, it guards the Lunar Haven, the place you so recklessly ventured into. Additionally," he added, a pointed look aimed at Jayden, "it happens to be Alex Imperia's familiar."

Fike's jaw dropped. "What? That thing is Alex's familiar? Are you serious?"

Lanez met his gaze with an unwavering intensity. "There's no point in lying. I have no interest in impressing you."

Just as Fike opened his mouth to retort, the portal shimmered and dissolved into nothingness. A gasp rippled through the group as they found themselves standing on solid ground.

The world that surrounded them was breathtaking. Lush green meadows stretched as far as the eye could see, dotted with fantastical creatures grazing peacefully. Towering trees, their trunks thick as castles, scraped the sky with their emerald foliage. The air hummed with an unknown energy, a vibrant contrast to the desolate city they had just escaped.

Luke gestured towards the fantastical landscape with a hint of pride. "Gentlemen," he announced, a hint of a smile playing on his lips, "welcome to the real Imperial Realm."