Chapter 5

Girlfriend 

.✎✯¸.•'*¨'*••*'¨*'•.¸✯✎.
~James~

"I love Hogsmeade trips," Peter said in bliss.

It was the first Hogsmeade trip of the year and we're currently walking out of Zonko's with all our new supplies for this years pranks.

"Can we go into Honeydukes," Remus eyed the store down.

"Oooo yes we can get some Bertie Bott's Beans!" I chimed in.

We've created a game for the everything flavored beans. We divide the box and eat our share all in one go, first one to make a face or spits them out loses and has to do a dare, winners choice.

Sirius laughed with excitement, "Yes !"

Remus practically gagged from just the mention of it, "Whatever I just wanna stock up on chocolate."

"Oh we should also get cauldron cakes, save it for after the beans," Peter proposed.

Sirius threw his arm around Peter, "Good idea Wormtail, we'll do that while Moony does his shopping."

When we arrived, Remus went off to fetch his chocolate which was across the store. Me and Sirius we're currently debating what sized box of beans we should get.

"I think Moony's with his girlfriend right now," Peter teased causing me and Sirius to snap our heads to Remus' direction.

Sirius laughed and joined in to gossip, "The girl he's been hanging out with so much lately."

I frowned in confusion, "Vera?"

"Yeah remember we even caught him staring at her and her friend at the beginning of the year, do you know her!?" Sirius' eyes grew wide.

I still hadn't taken my eyes off of Vera and Remus, "She's a friend, I have a couple classes with her... I didn't know she knew Moony."

"Ohhh that's the girl that's been helping you keep your grades up." Sirius finally connecting the dots.

Remus pushed her lightly blushing, while she was laughing at him. I wonder if he actually does like her.

"She's also the girl Moony was telling us about, the one he's always going to study with. I saw them in the library last weekend" Peter said, "Anyway I think we should get this one."

I finally looked away as we went to go get cauldron cakes.

Surely if there was anything between them I would know... right ?  Moony's my best friend and Vera... well we're just starting to get closer. Just the thought of them feels weird, I don't know why.

Remus and Vera had walked over and she gave me her signature smile, cheeks pink probably from talking to Moony, "Hi James."

"Hey Vera"

She turned back to Remus, "Well I should go pay now, but i'll see you in a bit maybe ?"

"Yeah maybe, we'll see," he had a very clear blush on his face that caused me to raise my eyebrows in disbelief. No way. He likes Vera.