CHAPTER 2

Author's POV

Abhiraaj Singh Rathore. There's no one in the whole of Jaipur that has not heard the name. The name that comes with respect and kindness. Abhiraaj was full of life, kind hearted, soft spoken, respectful, gentleman, and most importantly loved his family a lot. He got married recently, and no one knows but shhh-, he loves his wife a lot. Not the love at first sight, but eventually, as the time went on and on from their family meetings, till their engagement to finally their marriage. He fell for her, during this time, a gradual process. And when I tell he fell for her, he really fell hard. He was proud of HIS WIFE. 

He tried to make her fall in love with him too, but alas she has built those invisible boundaries between her and any other boy. He couldn't make her fall for him till now, but he knew he had a lifetime now to do so, with her on his every step. He was determined to love her, protect her and care for her even if she didn't love him back.  

Chahe kuch bhi ho, pyaar karta hu main usse, aur pyaar koi sauda nahi ki agr saamne se nah mile toh karna chod do. Saccha pyaar toh woh hai jahan unhe paas rakhne ki chahat hote hue bhi unko apne se dur jaate hue dekhne ki himmat ho.

(No matter whatever you say, I love her. Love isn't a loan, that if I don't get an interest back, I wouldn't give it. I think true love is when you want to keep them close to you, but still have the strength to let them go.)

These were what exactly his thoughts looked like. It would be a lie if I say that all his thoughts are always about her nowadays. He really does love his wife a lot.

Currently all were sitting on the dining table, having their breakfast, in Rathore Mansion. Ayesha was not at all nervous for her kheer as she is confident about her cooking. Ofc she has to be. She makes food for almost half of Jaipur that comes to eat in the hotel and there is no question about the fame that the hotel has. Ayesha knew what to make where, and what people will love, too well and the taste of this family a little more well than that. She was confident about her kheer and the look of pleasure and contentment on everyone's face at the dining table, assured her that she passed. She felt giddy and smiled a little seeing all of them. Everyone praised her for her Kheer. Her Grandmother-in-law gave her a jewelry set while her mother-in-law gave her a maroon saree. It was elegant and made of silk. She thanked them wholeheartedly and everyone got up.

Ayesha quickly removed her hand from her husband's grip and adjusted her saree. Everyone went towards their respective chores for the day. Abhiraaj And Ayesha went to their room. Abhiraaj brushed his hair once and set them properly. Oh what would Ayesha give to have soft and silky hair like him. She was standing near the bed and watching his every action. He turned around and went near her. He looked in her eyes and leaned down, close to her face. She could feel his breath on her face, their noses inches apart.

Ayesha's eyes widened. Her breath fastened. Her heart started banging in her chest. She clutched her saree tightly. She started gasping for air, as if someone was suffocating her. Abhiraaj just took his wallet and handkerchief from behind her, on the bed. He looked in her eyes and saw this condition. He certainly knew this wasn't what is called 'THE EFFECT' he has on her, but fear. Fear of something unknown to him. He saw that fear in her eyes. He quickly pulled back and stepped 2 steps back. He knew she wasn't comfortable. 

"Sorry! I am really so sorry meri jaan, I didn't want to make you uncomfortable. I didn't know you would react this way. I didn't have any bad intention, I was just grabbing my wallet and handkerchief. I am so sorry for making you feel uncomfortable." He blabbered.

Ayesha was nowhere listening to his rants. She was lost in a haze. She was unable to keep up with what's happening around her. She was too shocked to respond something. After finding her standing silently, he thought she was angry on him. He again called her, and snapped a finger in front of her. Her eyes were almost filled with tears, but they weren't visible tho. She flinched and looked at him processing what was actually happening. She blinked back her tears while he again started his sorry rant. She faked a smile at him and told him, ever so quietly,

"It's okay. It...It wasn't your fault. I just..I just got lost somewhere. It's okay, Please don't say sorry." 

"No I-"

"Please, don't say sorry."She repeated again, cutting him off.

"Are You Sure?" He asked

"Yes." She replied.

"I should get going then I guess. I really would not have to go but this good for nothing assistant of mine, cannot handle work properly for a day or two." He said annoyed at his assistant. Ayesha smiled, this time genuinely at her annoyed husband. He looked at her and sighed. 

"Okay then, bye love." He said and went off. Ayesha was left behind, processing his words and realizing the fact that how bad he is down for her. She certainly knew how hard her husband had fallen for her and she was feeling guilty too, for not being able to return his love back, to love him back. Yes these small gestures of his makes her all happy and giddy but thinking further of it, her trust issues don't get along well and she ends up getting a panic attack. 

So she decided not to think on this topic any further, at least not for now. She shook her head at her husband smiling slightly and went to get ready to go to her maternal house, her maika.  She had to go there for her PAG PHERA Rasm. 

Pag Phera is a ceremony in which the bride returns to her father’s home. There her relatives and friends meet her and ask her questions about her experience at her new home, about her husband and in-laws and her friends also crack a few jokes about the night when she would consummate her wedding with her husband.

In the evening, the groom arrives at the home of his in-laws to bring back his wife to his home. The groom is greeted with tremendous hospitality and when the bride leaves her father’s home, she carries a lot of gifts for her in-laws. 

She took her clutch and her phone. She saw a new message from her lovely husband. She opened it to read,

" I will be there to pick you up at 7 from your father's house. Till then make sure to miss me."

She turned red reading the message. How strange it is that her whole body and heart reacts to his care, his love, but her mind doesn't. Her mind is not completely wrong though. The one that suffers loneliness and abandonment from the people she trusts the most has to become doubtful. The betrayal and the realization how they include you and be with you only when they find it convenient really does take a toll on your mind, on your self worth.

You begin to think that maybe, its you who are bad, you start to blame yourself for every fucking thing and think that you don't deserve anyone. The people who are truly with you are just too good to you. You start to lose yourself slowly and then have those kind of sleepless nights, where you don't know what's hurting but it's hurting, but then you need no one around while you keep crying until the tears dry out and till you feel better. 

Ayesha kept her phone in her clutch and went down. Taking blessings from her in-laws, she went away with the driver to her maika.

……..

That's it for the second chapter.

Thank you for reading lovelies.
See you soon darlings!!✨
Till then vomment and stay tuned<3!!