CHAPTER 6

Ayesha's POV

I got the job that I've been dreaming of for months now. Yeah it's not that big and it's temporary, well part time to be precise to aid my dad in the financial matters. I can at least pay for my own needs and essentials. I finally got the job at Starbucks and I can't wait to tell it to my friends. I always like to share the smallest detail of my life with my friends, especially my best friend. She would be so happy for me I know. I cheerfully reached the canteen of my college campus and saw my group sitting there chatting. 

"Hii Everyoneeeee" I chirped happily. They all saw me. Some smiled, some replied with a dry hii and some didn't even care to acknowledge my presence. Well nevermind, it wasn't something new for me. I had always had this feeling that I was never in this group. They only gave me importance when they had some work or they wanted my help or they had no one else to talk to. I was always the last option, not even second or third. And when I tell you it hurts, it hurts really bad. 

You being happier than ever, willing to share everything with your friends and all they do is CHOOSE you as an option when you kept them as a PRIORITY, yeah it hurts. But I keep neglecting it, at least they were there with me on my bad days. Yes maybe out of sympathy, but cannot forget they were there. And the most funny part is, if you try to show them how you are being treated by them, then all the blame is on you, "Oh god such a drama queen", "Such An attention seeker", "Yeah she is overreacting" and then suddenly the joke is on you. 

"Hey Guysss Guess Whattt??" I exclaimed as I sat on my chair. The group went silent for a while. I smiled feeling giddy and cracked the news, "You Know I Got A Job-" 

"Hey Nisha Look At This, This Looks Good Isn't It?" Sai Interrupted Me And Then The Four Of Them Started Discussing About The Thing. I tried to say it to Nilesh and Aarav but they too cut me in between as Aarav saw something on his phone and started discussing it with Nilesh. The only people left were my best friend and her boyfriend. 

I felt at least she would listen to me and be happy for me, "Ruhi I Got A Job At Star-"

She stopped me by showing me her palm as her boyfriend Ishaan started telling her, that in my opinion was nonsense. Like why would you ask someone now, in the middle of the day, ''Tune kal raat ko khana kya khaya?"(What Did you have for dinner yesterday?) She literally stopped me for that and started chatting with him.

I patiently waited and then after her 'Oh so important' conversation she told me to continue. I nevertheless said it again just to be interrupted by Ishaan again and she stopped me for him again. Well, nvm, I'll wait until then. I was being impatient and wanted to share my happiness with my best friend ASAP, because without her my happiness is incomplete. She is half of my soul, the other part of me, my best friend. I thought to interrupt in between as they were talking literally nonsense.

"Listen Nah Ruhi-"

"Wait Esha-" She cut me off. 

" Nilesh And Aarav You Know What-"

"Ayesha Wait A Min"

"Are But Just Listen Nah-"

"2 Mins Ayesha"He Said. "Ha now say"

"So I Got A Job At-" 

"Bro its so interesting for real" Nilesh Said To Aarav. 

"I Got A Job-"

"Come on Ayesha Stop Irritating, We are discussing something nah, can't you wait of mere 2 mins?" Oh so I was irritating?

"Ruhi I-" She didn't pay any heed and continued laughing with Ishaan. I shook her vigorously like the kid I was just for her to snap at me,