CHAPTER 11

Now I've got you in my space
I won't let go of you
Got you shackled in my embrace
I'm latching on to you

~

Ayesha's POV

"Ruhaan I'm not going to calm down until I have her in my arms, safe and completely alright." I heard his voice again. His voice came back. Finally I could hear things in the present. I don't know how much time has passed with me calming myself down during the panic attack I just had. I don't want anyone to know about it, I don't want their sympathy.

I've learnt to handle myself alone whenever I'm having a panic attack. Doing it for the last five years now, nothing's new. I pulled myself up from the ground and stared at my own self in mirror. Messy hair, smudged mascara, red nose and slightly fluffy eyes. Ufff, Thank God I carried my mascara with me. I quickly grabbed a tissue and wiped off the old mascara. Well that was the only option left at that moment. I properly applied my mascara again. I pulled my little comb and brushed my hair a little, setting them as they were earlier.

The pounding on the door continued but I needed to look okay before I confronted them. I can't show them how miserable I really am, not yet. I couldn't do anything with those fluffy eyes and red nose. I chose to ignore them. I took a final glance in the mirror, took a deep breath, and put on a smile on my face before I turned and unlocked the door. As soon as the latch opened my husband barged into the bathroom and engulfed me into a tight hug.

He hid his face in the crook of my neck beneath my hairs. I could feel his heart beating too fast to be normal. It was because of me. He was panting and even sweating. He was scared. He was worried if I was good or not. This warmed my heart and I felt more guilty but I was composed and calm this time. I ran my hand through his hair and my other hand caressed his back calming him down.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry to proceed without your consent. How can I be so selfish? I didn't consider if you were comfortable or not. I'm sorry, meri jaan, please don't stop talking to me,please forgive me please." He mumbled in my neck. His hot breath was fanning my neck, making me shiver. I rested my head against his and closed my eyes seeking solace. Even if I had calmed myself earlier, his presence finally brought my heart to peace.

"It's not your fault Abhir. Calm down. You were not wrong. I was merely disturbed by too many secrets revealed to me this evening and I was overthinking about this. There were too many things at a time that I came to know of. This is why the reaction came out like this. Don't blame yourself. I ain't angry at you Abhir. Nor do I blame you so you too stop doing that, understand?" I replied calmly still caressing his hair.

"I hope you're fine bhabhi." Ruhaan passed me a small gentle smile as we came out of the bathroom. I reciprocated the smile and nodded at him slightly. Then the rest of the evening went away in business talks and dinner.

"Abhir, where is your coat?" I asked him as we were approaching the car. Others had already left into their respective cars.

He looked down and realized he didn't have it with him.

"Must have forgotten inside, no big deal, I'll quickly go and grab it, you go and sit inside the car." He said. I nodded but his phone rang. It was his PA. At 11:30? Must be something important.

"You take the call, I'll quickly bring it." I said.

"You sure?" He asked. I smiled and nodded my head a little reassuring him.

I walked inside and started searching for his coat.

"What are you searching for?" Asked Ishita. I looked for her for a fraction of a moment and then replied, "Abhir's coat."