CHAPTER 8

अगर मैं रुक गयी अभी
तो जा न पाऊँगी कभी
यही कहोगे तुम सदा
के दिल अभी नहीं भरा
जो ख़त्म हो किसी जगह
ये ऐसा सिलसिला नहीं
अभी नहीं अभी नहीं न
हीं नहीं नहीं नहीं 
अभी ना जाओ छोड़कर कर
की दिल अभी भरा नहीं

~

Abhiraaj's POV

"So is the deal final Mr Malhotra?" I stood up with Mr Malhotra who was sitting in front of me. He smiled and forwarded his hand to me. 

"Deal" said Mr Malhotra and shook hands with me. I thanked him and approached him till the door. 

I hugged Ruhaan and congratulated him. He too did the same. It was a very big success after all. Our brand is going to be famous at the Time Square In New York. It indeed is a very huge happiness and responsibility. We have also decided to open a new branch there in New York. Mr Malhotra was a big investor and without his help we wouldn't possibly be able to build a new branch there. But here we got the deal and it's all going super fine. I was over cloud nine now. I just cannot help the urge to go to my maa, my chachi and my wife and hug them tightly, sharing this news with them. They all would be so so proud of me. 

It was 9 o'clock already and I thought about taking my leave now. Ruhaan and I went home. My wife was at home today. I was so excited. I reached our house. 

"Maa, Maaa!!" I called out. "Chachiii?"

"Haan idhar drawing room main aao!! Yaha hai hum." I heard Maa's voice. I ran like a kid to them. I heard Ruhaan chuckle behind me but seriously, who cares? I felt disappointment when I couldn't find my wife sitting in the drawing room. Where is she? In the room?

(Yes we are here in the drawing room, come here)

"Mumma Ayesha?" I asked. 

"She went to washroom beta. Just before you called me out." She said, 

"Ohhk"

"What do you want to say?" Chachi asked.

"Let her come nah chachi." I insisted.

"Umm.. She will take some time I guess? And I and your mumma have some work. We have to prepare for pooja tomorrow." Oh yes. We have a small pooja tomorrow. For a smooth married life for me and my wife. Ig I have to say it to her later then. I sighed sadly.

"Ohkk Mamma chachi, guess what??"I squealed.

"What?" They asked. Chachu and Papa knew about it already from Ruhaan. Evara and Sanyukta were out with their friends and having a sleepover at Sanyukta's bestfriends's house. Yaa that same ladka friend of hers. I need to meet him ASAP.

"We got the deal of Mr Malhotra. Now we will be displayed on Times Square and soon have our branch opened in New York." I announced the news. Both of them squealed in happiness. They both hugged me tight one by one. I touched Mom Dad's and Chachi Chachu's feet. They blessed me with a content smile on their face. I felt happy seeing them proud of me.

My eyes were fixed on the stairs, searching for her. Where is she? What took her so long in the washroom. Waha bhi padhne baith gayi kya? 

(Has she started reading there too?)