CHAPTER 5

Ayesha's POV

"Ab mere biwi ko main nahi samjhunga toh kon samjhega bhala?" He said and chuckled. He is adorable. He is the guy every girl dies for. He is caring, kind, charming and handsome. He is truly a gentleman. 

"Don't look at me like that" He whispered, loud enough for me to hear, staring deep into my eyes. I felt peace? That's what you call it? Peace? I felt peace looking in his eyes. 

"Like What?" I asked. I asked a question whose answer I knew I didn't want to know. He just broke eye contact and looked away. 

"Go and change. You must be feeling heavy carrying this lehenga all evening. You change then we'll sleep" He said softly. I just nodded and went inside the closet to change. He changed after me and then we both went to sleep.

"Bhabhiiiiii, Goooddd Morninggggg" Ruhaan Chirped As He Entered The Kitchen, Jumping Like The Bunny He Is. I chuckled and wished him back. He along with my husband is the Sunshine boy of the house. These brothers have a very bright and comfortable aura around them that they can make you feel home very soon. That's what I like about them. 

"Aap Kal Raat Thiksee Soyii Ya Nhii?? Kahi Bhaii Ne Aapko Zyada pareshan toh nhi kiya nah??" He asked with a teasing smirk. My smile dropped. It reminded me of my situation. Of my helpless situation. I was pushed back into my ocean of guilt without any safeguard of reassurance and comfort, to let me drown, to let my own guilt swallow the remaining me that is left; alive. 

(You slept well last night? Brother Didn't Trouble You Very Much Last Night, Did He?)

It's not that I don't want to reciprocate his feelings, it's just that I am just too coward to trust again and get my already broken heart shattered again. I won't be able to survive that. Nevertheless, I gave Ruhaan a fake smile and said, "It's nothing like that." Ruhaan just smirked again. This guy-

"Anyways, can I get a cold coffee from my famous chef bhabhi??" Ruhaan asked dramatically. Such a kid. I chuckled and said, "Ofc Yes."

I quickly prepared a cold coffee for Ruhaan, me and Him. The breakfast was already made by the chefs. I gave him his glass and took the other two with me to the room. 

He was already in his official suit, going to the office. I offered him his cold coffee. He was on a call rushing here and there in the room finding his files and folders. He took his glass from me and mouthed me a thank you. I smiled in return. It's not that I am not comfortable with these boys. I am comfortable, and who would not be when these boys have such a pleasant and warm aura around them that nobody can help but feel comfortable. It's just I am yet to trust anyone in my life and maybe I can't do that so soon. But anyway, leave all this. He drank his coffee in one go. Damn Boy chill. That hurt. That's not how you drink coffee.

My poor coffee. Don't worry, I'll treat you and drink you the way you deserve to be treated. I sat comfortably on the couch and started to drink my coffee, tasting and savoring every sip of it. Ahh my savior, my coffee. It was delicious. Indeed it had to be. Hands down people, I'm a well known chef of Jaipur for a reason. While I was busy drinking my coffee, he hurriedly kept his glass down on the tray and mouthed me a quick bye, before rushing out. I drank the rest of the coffee and then put the glasses in the sink, down in the kitchen.

I need to get ready too. I had to go to the restaurant from today. My leave was officially over. Yes I didn't take any extra leaves. I looked at the messed up bedroom and huffed. I quickly put his and mine essentials back in place, leaving the rest for the servants to do. I grabbed my bag and threw my phone into it. The driver dropped me at the restaurant. 

Let the work begin. My whole day went in a rush. I never realized when the day ended. I felt happy being back to my work again. I love cooking and doing something that I love definitely gives me happiness. It was 10:30 in the night and my shift was over. I grabbed my bag and exited the restaurant. I checked my mails, notifications and messages. Suddenly I heard a honk. I flinched, and looked up to see a black BMW standing in front of me. Oh I of course knew whose this was. Who else? My dear husband. He came out with his oh so gorgeous smile. 

His smile made me smile. He walked towards me and smiled more brightly than before. "Hiiiiiiii!" He exclaimed. He was happy, and overjoyed like a little kid who is happy after getting his favorite candy. "Hiii" I replied. "Let's go home?" He asked. I nodded. He opened the door for me while I muttered him a thank you and settled on the passenger seat. "The pleasure is all mine madam" was what I heard him say before he closed the door and walked to his side. Soon after he started the car he exclaimed, 

"You know what happened todayy???" I shook my head in a no. " We cracked the most important deal of our company. We have been working our asses off for this, and it's finally done. The hard work of all the employees made us get this deal. I just can't tell you how happy I am. I was really excited to share this with you. My happiness, my success. Sharing these with you doubles them. And after telling you about it I am more happy now...." I stared at him with a smile listening to his each and every word carefully. He was so happy sharing it with me, who was I to snatch his happiness away by not listening to him. I had no right to do so. He kept on talking about his day, his deal, his office, his and the employees' hard work, their success and how he is truly happy after sharing his success with me. It felt strange. 

Strange that someone considered me to share their happiness and their success with. It was new and heartwarming. Being someone's reason to be happy felt so good. I felt like I was alive again. I matter, not to everyone but someone. Someone cares about my existence and I'm not a ghost. I am not invisible. He is there. He cares, he understands, he prioritizes.  I looked at him, feeling respect for him. The man he is. 

"Now you tell me about your day." He said. I wondered what to say. I was hesitant. Will he listen? Or is he going to get irritated too? Is he really willing to listen or just said it out of formality? The self doubt creeped inside me again. "Ayesha?" He called out. I snapped out of my thoughts. Gathering some courage I asked, "Do you really want to listen?" 

"Ofcourse" He replied with a smile. 

I nodded and started talking about my day. He listened carefully. He was patient and interested to know what was happening in my life. When he said he wanted to know about my day, he really meant it. I felt happy. There was someone that would listen to me. I felt giddy at this thought. I've always wanted to be heard, but I never had a listener. Today when he was curious to know just about my day, I felt like a part of me was listened to. A little part of me was heard. We reached home talking randomly about other things then. On the way, we stopped at a cake shop and purchased a cake to celebrate his success with our family. 

He cracked the news to everyone in the house and everyone cheered happily for him. I felt proud. Proud of this man, whom I call my husband. Not only me, every single person in the house was proud of him. We celebrated his success by cutting the cake. He first fed dadi, dadu, maa, papa and then me. I took a small bite and then he finished that bite, eating it himself. He cut another slice and fed Ruhaan, Evara and Sanyukta. I decided to make Gajar Ka Halwa for everyone tomorrow as a congratulations from my side. The cake was then distributed among the servants and other household staff.  

We freshened up and had our dinner peacefully with everyone. The atmosphere was filled with happiness, joy and pride. After having our dinner, we changed and went to bed. We were laying down facing each other. 

"Thankyou for sharing your happiness with me. For considering me worthy enough to share your success with me. It truly means a lot to me" I said, smiling genuinely. 

"There is no success without you being a part of it, Mrs Rathore. You are my lady luck" He replied smiling more widely. He gently took hold of one of my hands and intertwined our fingers. I loved how our hands fit perfectly. The tinkling sound of my chooda echoed in the silent room.

Initially, I was reluctant with him holding my hands, but then eventually as time flew, we got engaged, I became comfortable with it. With him holding my hand, intertwining our fingers. It was quite common now. He rested our intertwined hands on the bed and closed his eyes feeling content. I smiled at him and switched off the lights, letting sleep take over me.

……….

We're now on the talking stage, aren't we? 👀

Ayesha has started to grow more comfortable around him now. 

Thank you for reading lovelies.
See you soon darlings!!✨
Till then vomment and stay tuned<3!!