09.. ❝ unoticed ❞

. · ˚ HEAVENLY ˚ · .

heavenly | matthew sturniolo

[ .. 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗅 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 ]

tw: mentions of self-deprecating & body dysmorphia

🝮 real life

"what the fuck is he doing here?." he emphasises the fuck and clenches his jaw so tight, he might break a tooth. he looks down at the raising canes bag and drink, and looks back at alyssa and levi.

before she can speak, matt shoves the bag into chris's hands and walks out her front door. "fuck this."

alyssa looks at eliza, mouthing to her "what did you do." eliza turns to her boyfriend, who is already out the door following matt. levi chuckles to himself silently.

he grabs his stuff and turns off the console. "hey aly, i think i'm gonna head out."

"oh okay, i'll see you tomorrow?" she opens the door. levi gets into his car and alyssa waves him goodbye. matt is watching them from her front porch. he has zero clue as to why he's upset. could he start feeling something?

no, he thinks. there's no way in the world i'd ever feel something for her. not in a million years.

he shakes his head and recollects himself as he watches him leave, not knowing that the canes bag dropped out of his hands. fries and chicken fingers are all across the porch. and just when things couldn't get worse, matt picks up the canes sauce and launches it out of hands, directly into alyssa's face.

"holy shit lyssa im so sorry." he runs up to her, she's looking at the sauce on her shirt and tries to clean her face. matt grabs her face and starts using his hoodie sleeve to wipe it off. she shoves his hand off and rushes inside, not saying a word.

she immediately runs into her bathroom, turning on her sink and grabbing the nearest towel she can find. she wipes off her shirt first, she was wearing white. she then wipes off her face, she looks straight into her reflection in the mirror. her reflection stares back at her.

she wonder's to herself have i always looked like this? she hasn't looked at herself in a full mirror in a long time. the only time she's ever used a mirror is when she's using her makeup. even when she's at school, she dosent look at herself. when she's on her phone, she never goes to the camera app. she barley has any pictures of herself. the only pictures she has of herself are the ones that she posted on instagram. those are the only pictures of her that she has posted. the others are her and her friends. even then, her face is never shown. she looks down to her stomach, her rolls pushing through her crop top. she pokes at them, hoping they'll go away. she knows they won't. she's hated her body for years. it's her biggest flaw. she never understood why, everyone tells her that her body is perfect and they'd kill for it. but why doesn't she feel like that? she's never liked being on camera either, that's why she's never been in a vlog or car video with the triplets. they've invited her multiple times, but she makes up an excuse to not go. eliza has been in a bunch. she's fearless. alyssa has always looked up to eliza, ever since they were little. she's always wanted to be her. but she knows that even with eliza's words and reassurance from others, she'll never be that girl. she drops down to her bathroom floor, sobbing silently to herself. she should've never looked into that fucking mirror. she thinks to herself. just when all of her thoughts are about to consume her, she hears a knock at the bathroom door. she lifts up her head to speak.

"whoever's at the door, please go the fuck away." she wipes off her tears trying to recollect herself.

the person at the door knocks again. "lyssa let me in." it's matt. as much as she really doesn't want anyone to see her, especially matt, her mind is telling her that he is the only person who came to the door. he chased after her. that has to count for something. hesitantly, she unlocks the door. he barges in but suddenly pauses as he notices her state. she's shaking, mascara is running down her face and the towel on the floor with canes sauce all over it.

"are you okay?" he asks her. she backs up and sits on her toilet seat. she's silent. matt dosent want to be a bother and annoy her and make her more mad than she already is, so he walks away. she grabs his wrist. "stay." he turns around to close the door and turns back to her and does just that.

he stays.

after some time, she stops crying and looks at him, expecting him to laugh and ridicule her. but he dosent. he wipes the remanding tears off her face and runs his thumb over her fingers whispering once more "it's okay."

she can't hold back anymore and she does the unspeakable. she hugs him. a small awkward side hug, one hug enough to make her feel somewhat better. once alyssa is all cleaned up, the two leave the bathroom. everyone else is in the living room, including asher. they look at the pair, not knowing what the fuck just happend in the bathroom. alyssa rushes straight into her room, not wanting to deal with the groups bullshit. chris gets up from the couch and makes his way over to alyssa's bedroom. matt pushes him back however, because he knows that if chris goes in there, he will regret it.

"chris, i'm telling you right now, don't go in there." he lets go of chris. chris puts his arms up in surrender. "okay matt, whatever you say bro. just don't think that the little bathroom moment went unnoticed."chris grins at him and walks away.

matt pauses, and thinks to himself, possibly regretting his choices. but if one's thing for certain,

he knows he's right.

this chapter is heavily inspired by everything i wanted & hostage by billie eilish. if you ever struggling with any of the things mentioned in this chapter, you are never alone. you are worth everything and i'm so proud of you. my dms are always open <3

updated in the middle of wingstop i fw you guys fr 😭🙏

lay ♡︎