Chapter 12 Intelligence Unit

Jay placed folders on each of the desks, they had been quiet for far too long he knew shit was about to pop.

"You ready Ruzek?"

Sean glances at the file, "I was born ready"

"You are your father's son that for sure" Jay tells him, as he pulls the whiteboard out and starts discussing the case. It's a counterfeit merchandise ring, covering all the bases Michael Kors to Coach and every other possible label you could think of. They are using day laborers to make the items some of them as young as six years old.

"Do we have an in yet?" Kevin questions, "I know a guy who may be able to help us get inside" he pulls his cell phone out "I can call him"

"Antonio is working on something, but I'm not ruling it out yet" Jay dismisses them "just be prepared, this could go down any minute"

"How's Adam doing?" Kevin hadn't checked in with a Kim in a few weeks, he made a mental note to call her after shift.

"He's great, the firehouse was just what he needed, I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner"

FIREHOUSE 51

"Ruzek, grab me the inventory book from the office"

"The one near the copier?"

Kyle starts to answer him, only to have the radio spring to life alerting them to a motor vehicle accident, "never mind kid, let's load up"

As they roll up on scene they notice two vehicles, one barely recognizable aside from a familiar bumper sticker.

Kyle knows whose vehicle it is immediately, "No, please no"

Adam looks on in fright as he also knows whose car it is, and he can't help but think of the 'Ruzek Curse' his dad used to joke about.