Chapter 10 James Burgess

Every morning when I first wake up, For the tiniest fraction of a second I think Adam is still with us, only to have reality slap me in the face.

Reality can be a bitch, when I was shot after getting mixed up with Divisconti, the doctors wrote me off for dead. The joke was on them, and as they say only the good die young. Adam did.

I brought this down on my precious daughter, and those sweet children of hers. I often wish I had died that day, maybe Adam would still be here.

I shouldn't be living in his house, he should be. It's funny I can hear Adam telling me to stop it, that what's done is done and it's not my fault.

I struggle daily but that's my personal hell.

I need to suck it up and help my daughter who is drowning in a sea of grief, Adam James is in a free fall that I don't think anyone can stop it, I just hope he survives when hits bottom.

Sean, he's what has gotten this family through the last four years, he has stepped up to the plate big time. He's on the job now, I know that terrifies his mother and grandmother and it doesn't help that he is in Adam's old unit.

My girl is strong, she doesn't realize just how strong she is. I'm going to pull her out the hole she has dug herself, if it's the very last thing I do.

I owe it to Adam.