Chapter 15 Kaylee Long

My leg is throbbing, I was surprised when they told me it had a hairline fracture just above my ankle.

They've put it in a splint, I'm just waiting for the discharge papers and Sean.

Kyle told me he had called him, but that Sean had hung up before he could tell him that I was okay.

I can only imagine how scared he must be, I suddenly hear his panicked voice.

"I'm looking for Kaylee Long" he yells, his voice sounds different, usually he's calm no matter what and today he is anything but calm.

He finally comes in "baby, are you okay?" His hand is on my cheek, "what did they say?"

"Sean, I'm alright. It's just a fracture" I try and tell him, "really I'm okay"

He sits down and buries his face in his hands, his breathing is different it's slowed down, "hey, Sean, look at me" I tell him, he doesn't look at me right away. I grab his hand with mine and try to pull it away from his face. It's then I notice he's crying, I hadn't seen him cry since his dad's funeral. That day he cried almost the entire day, and then he didn't cry again, he told me he would only allow himself one day to cry that his mother needed him to be strong and he was. It was one of the many reasons I loved him, he's such a good man. "Sean, please don't cry, I'm okay"

He wipes his face, "I was terrified when Kyle told me, and then I saw Adam in the waiting room and he was a mess" he takes a deep breath, "I love you Kaylee"

"I love you too baby, Kyle told me he tried to tell you I was okay, but you hung up the phone before he could tell you"

"I just panicked, I think I scared my Uncle Kevin too" he stands up and leans in and kisses me.

The kiss stole my breath, "wow, Sean"

"I don't want to lose you, Kaylee, ever" he sits back down, "are they letting you go home today?"

"Yes" I entwine my fingers with his, "Kyle went to find the doctor to sign the papers so I can go home, is Adam still in the waiting room?" I ask him, I hate that he has been alone all this time, he was a wreck at the scene.

Sean nods his head, "yea"

"Go get him, please. I want him to know I'm okay"

He stands up and kisses my forehead before he leaves.

-----Note----

Here's something, I was re-reading it and realized I left you all hanging so I wanted to throw something together.

Sorry it's so short.

-Kristi