Chapter 2: Robot

You wake up. (Yes again, get used to it cause it's gonna happen a LOT.)

"I did it.... I DID IT! I FINALLY FIXED ONE!"

You stared blankly at her, you would've asked what was going on and who she was except you couldn't move.

'Why do I feel like this isn't the first time I can't control my own body...'

"Child, you have repaired us, come hither."

You heard a voice that sounded like Aegis but why was she talking? Was she the reason you couldn't control your body?

"What do you mean 'us'? Are there more than one of you in there? That wouldn't make sense..."

The girl approaches looking at you, Aegis? Curiously and pokes your face. 'Rude much?'

Aegis puts 2 fingers to her forehead.

"what're you doing?"

"Blessed be thee, savior of life. you shall be protected eternally, by the gods of this world."

Your body falls limp, you can still see just not move, it's also now you realize your arms are oddly metallic... Then you see the marks snaking up your arms and the rest of your body, you weren't exactly sure how the marks worked but it was definitely something to look into.

Then you can control yourself again, seeing as you're back in control you look back up at the girl startling her.

"JESUS CHRIST!"

She seemed... Very calm, yes indeed.

"Hello there, I'm S."

"Tessa... What was with the other voice?"

"You could call it.... An alter ego, anything else wouldn't make sense."

"Since when do drones have alter egos? I don't think that's possible..."

"I am... An unfinished prototype."

"A prototype? If you're a prototype they were working on, how'd you end up in the scrap yard?"

"I was defective, and therefore they had no more use of me."

Hearing this the girl then mumbled something about a waste although you didn't quite hear it.

"Well no matter, seeing as i managed to fix you up you won't have to worry about being thrown out! I hope..."

"Tessa, where are we?"

"We're at my parents' manor, now come on let's get you changed before they see you."

You got off the table and walked toward her, she then handed you a... Butler's uniform. You looked at her with confusion.

"Unless you want to be thrown out by my parents you'll have to work and all the drones here serve as butlers and maids."

'I think I'd rather be thrown out than serve someone...'

"Right..."

After changing into the uniform and heading back to Tessa (cause you ain't bouta change in front a rando) she affixes to your head some silvery hair.

"What's the hair for?"

"Because, as my drone, I want you to look different from the others, plus none of the ones around here have hair so at least one of them needs to have some unique looks y'know?"

"Now come on, I've got to show you what you'll do around here before my parents see you doing nothing."

Having gotten used to the hair you followed the child as she showed you around the 'manor' as she calls it, showing you different key locations and explaining the work the drones do within the manor. Mostly it was to keep everything as clean as possible, she also explained to you that a functioning drone was emotionless and followed only orders, but you being damaged you didn't follow the same principles and that you'd have to act the part in front of her parents.