𝟷𝟺. 𝚆𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚞𝚙

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐑'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

Eyes fluttering, I pay attention to the room I'm in. Walls, warm bed, and something in my arms. I look down at Y/n, ok, how did I get here? Not a bad view, not complaining. Just need to pinpoint the reason. Ok follow up on the events, birthday, date, Barbie, razzles, swings, kiss. Yeah, that sounds about right. I brush Y/n hair out of their face, to which they respond to with by waking up.

W-"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." I gently said, my voice raspy since it was early morning still. They looked up at me and smiled.

Y-"It's fine, don't worry." They said they also had the "morning voice". A warm feeling in my chest and head occurs when she spoke in that tone. I rest my hand in their hair, gently scratching it back and forth with my thumb. They lean their head into me.

Y-"Wall hanger?" Really? Still? It's impressive to me how we have been friends for a good chunk of time, but then also always find new things to call me.

W-"1. Never call me that again. 2. Yeah?" I rest out my points, to which Y/n chuckled.

Y-"You wanna go to the beach?" They asked me, I mean. I was already overstaying the time I told my mom I would get back, so really I might as well just hang out a bit more.

W-"Yeah."

Y-"Cool. Ok." They said with a smile

I liked their smile. It was sweet like a pastry and warm, like the feeling of rewatching movies you loved as a kid.

They reminded me of the book "the perks of being a wallflower". Not because they reminded me of Sam or Charlie or anything, but because of the feeling when you read it for the first time. That feeling when you compare the movie to the book and it's similar. I don't know why, but ever since I met them, I have been thinking more poetically. It's weird but I don't mind it.

We laid for another few minutes, not sure who pulls away first. Y/n pulled out their phone and took a picture of what they were wearing before just laying down again. They eventually manned up and moved away. Y/n put a sweater on top of what they were currently wearing. The sweater was a black sweater with a bright Elmo on it. It looked actually pretty good with the jeans. They looked over at me. I was in a white-collared shirt and some black dress pants. My curls were pretty messy from falling off the swing set. They looked like how they did a few months before I learnt I had curly hair. I looked at myself in the mirror in the room. Just making sure I don't look that stupid.

They take my hand to lead me, they just held my hand since we weren't going anywhere.

Y-"Oh, you should probably check the pantry if we have anything to eat. I'm gonna go to the bathroom to do my makeup." They explained. I nodded before walking out the door and closing it behind me before locating the kitchen.

Quickly, I make eye contact with a girl who looked 5'7 and had dark brown borderline brown hair. Amelia. It was fucking Amelia in the kitchen, eating cocoa pebbles from a bowl with a plastic spoon. We just stared at each other, unsure of what to do. I notice some eye bags under her eyes, showing she hadn't slept a whole night at least. We were in silence for a solid minute before she said anything.

A-"You slept here?"

W-"You didn't?" Which to she raised her brows a bit and shrugged before letting them relax again.

A-"Fair enough. You want some?" She says, referring to the cocoa pebbles by lifting the bowl.

W-"No." I said I was lying, but would it be weird to have cocoa pebbles with the roommate of my pretty girl?

A-"You sure you don't want cocoa pebbles?"

W-"Yes, of course I want the pebbles. Where are the bowls?" I said, at this point giving up. They pointed in a cabinet and I grabbed a bowl and went to the pantry to grab the cocoa pebbles. There was a box, so I lifted it to pour, but nothing came out. My nose scrunched, and I lifted the bag inside, showing no cocoa pebbles. I look over at Amelia again.

W-"Really?" To which she grinned. Very satisfied with her actions. I roll my eyes and take out another cereal from the pantry. Lucky charms. I pour it in the bowl and pour some milk in. Soon, Y/n comes in and they look so good. Like usual.

Y-"Ready to head out?" Y/n asks, grabbing a granola bar. I immediately put down the bowl.

W-"Yes ma'am."

Amelia roars out with laughter, and I roll my eyes and give a secret finger to her. She scrunched her nose and did a quiet mocking to what I said in a high-pitched noise. I started following Y/n to where the beach was. It was a warm day. Nothing bad in the way. I liked this morning. Even if it was chaotic.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════