𝟷𝟸. 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚏 𝚘𝚏 𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

𝐘/𝐍'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

6:55 hits. I am sitting at the door. In the same shirt, same pants, took a shower, did my hair, no makeup because I know I won't have energy to wash it off. I had everything just the way I liked it. I had a playlist prepared with every song from 13 going on 30 in case I wanted to add ambience. Which I most likely won't. But still. I hear my doorbell ring. Walker trying to peer through the glass. Weirdo. In a sweet way.

I open the door and smile at him.

Y-"Hi."

Walker just kinda stares in shock. What's up with him? Do I look bad? Should I have worn makeup? Crap.

W-"I- ah- Wow." It's the only word he can get out. I knit my eyebrows in confusion.

Y-"You are looking at me like Cameron James looks at Bianca when she gets ready for prom? What's wrong?"

I immediately assume the worst, crossing my arms. He looks me dead in the eyes.

W-"What reference is that?"

He chuckled awkwardly.

Y-"You haven't watched '10 things I hate about you'?! I'm gonna force you to watch it with me one day."

He tilts his head with a slight chuckle and his tongue in his cheek as he looked me up and down before putting out his hand for me.

W-"I'll take up that offer."

I laugh and take his hand. Somehow my laugh randomly got a snort, so walker chuckled at me before making a mocking snort. I playfully shove his shoulder, ignoring the fact I was still holding his hand. The movie theatre was a walkable distance, so we were walking and talking. We kept arguing over the best ninja turtle.

W-"Why would it be Donatello- it's clearly Leonardo? He was the leader for a reason."

Y-"Did you watch the 2012 version? He had the best flirting skills! And he is a stupid nerd with a stick. Not saying he is the best, that spot is for Raphael. Raph has not once messed up. He is the best one."

W-"Wait, wait, wait, wait, so you, like Donatello, argued with me for 4 minutes, and then wrapped it up with Raphael being the best?"

Y-"Absolutely."

W-"You are so stupid."

Y-"Says the guy who stood at my door for a solid minute admiring me."

W-"Good point."

He chuckled before we reached the movie theatre. He scanned out tickets, and we grabbed our 3d glasses, both of which, too small. I run back to grab us the right pairs.

Y-"He looked at me funny.."

Walker laughed. He grabbed a big bag of popcorn with M&M's in them. Two cans of pringles, barbecue and sour cream. His and my favourites. He picked up two large cups.

W-"Pink lemonade, right?"

I nod. Pink lemonade is just superior. It's pink, pretty, and tasty. Wait, how did he remember? I forgot I even told him I like pink lemonade-

He fills the cup with lemonade before putting diet coke in his. He, still holding all the stuff, struggling, walks back to the counter to pay. This was already adding up to 56 bucks for food and tickets.

Y-"Walker I can pay-"

Walker cuts me off with a bland chuckle.

W-"Haha. No. Sorry Y/n, but it's your birthday. You can't pay."