Chapter 17

"What's wrong?" Li Mu was the first to notice the abnormality of the cub. Following his line of sight, he saw a snack bar sandwiched between two clothing stores.

The snack bar mainly sells meat pies. The store is very small and can only accommodate a small table and a stove side by side. There wasn't even a table set up, and customers just walked away after buying something.

Li Xi did not answer, but buried her face in Lu Shijian's arms.

Lu Shijian also looked over and asked in a low voice: "Want to eat?"

Hearing this, the cub did not make a sound, but shook its head in Lu Shijian's arms.

Li Mu didn't know what happened to the cub, but he still held the cub in his arms distressedly. After walking for a long time, he looked back from time to time. He didn't know what was strange about this shop called "Rongcheng Meat Pie". of.

But after looking at it for a while, I didn't feel there was anything special about it.

Rongcheng is far away from Maple City and Qiaocheng. The cub has never been there before when he is this old. Li Mu just thinks that he suddenly thought of something sad.

After walking a long way, Li Xi secretly poked her head out and looked outside.

I was relieved not to see that annoying meatloaf.

Rongcheng was the city where the cub and Wu He lived in the previous life, and this meat pie reminded him of the smell that came from the meat pie shop downstairs every day.

Every day Li Xi wakes up to the aroma from the meat pie shop. Only at this time does he feel alive.

But now that she has her father and Father Lu, Li Xi doesn't want to go back to her old life at all.

Thinking of this, the cub hugged Li Mu's neck tightly, and after a long while, he carefully shouted: "Papa."

"What's wrong?" Li Mu asked, looking at him seriously.

"Will I be given to someone else?"

If it was not given to Wu He, then why did I live with Wu He for so many years?

Although he is almost 3 years old, the cub can rarely speak a complete sentence. This sentence was so clear that Li Muting was stunned for a moment.

It's very much like a sentence that I have practiced in my heart for a long time.

The next moment, the cub was put down to the ground.

Lu Shijian stood not far away and watched them. Li Mu knelt down and looked into the cub's eyes and said seriously: "Baby, why do you think so?"

Regardless of whether the cub could understand or not, Li Mu still showed his manner.

"Why were you given to someone else?"

"Dad will always be by your side and will never leave you."

As he said that, Li Mu put his hand around the cub, hoping to give him a sense of security.

Li Xi's eyes were filled with tears. After hearing these words, she was completely relieved and no longer had to be immersed in the fear that her father might not want her.

He turned around and glanced at Lu Shijian, who also smiled back.

The cub was held by two adults and was almost overflowing with happiness.

-Although

the reward for the first mission is 200, the information given is very vague.

Although the town is not big, it is impossible for everyone to know everyone, so Lu Shijian and Li Mu's idea is to find people in the town who look like aborigines.