🤍CHAPTER-5🤍

After a week, it was Sunday, and Gayatri Mehra, along with her sister-in-law Sumitra and niece Ananya, was in the market in Lajpat Nagar, shopping for Ananya's 12th class farewell party, which would be happening tomorrow. Ananya was whining and panicking about not being able to find the perfect saree for herself.

Ananya (whining): "Mummaaaa, I can't find anything nice! What if I look like a disaster at the farewell?"

Sumitra (trying to reassure her): "Beta, relax. We'll find something beautiful. Look around, there are so many shops."

Just then, a familiar voice called out Ananya's name. When she turned, she saw her best friend, Neha Sharma, waving at her.

Neha: "Ananya!"

Ananya: "Neha!"

Their joyful reunion was accompanied by hugs and laughter. Ananya introduced Neha to her mother and aunt, who looked on with curious expressions.

Ananya: "Maa, Bua, yeh meri best friend Neha hai."

Neha greeted Gayatri and Sumitra with a polite namaste-" Namaste aunty, namaste aunty" and soon the conversation turned to the upcoming farewell party. Neha mentioned that her mother was also shopping nearby, and offered to help them navigate the market.

Neha: "Aap log mere saath aaiye, main aur meri maa market ko acche se jaante hain."

Gayatri (confused): "Neha, beta, how do you know Ananya?"

Neha (giggling): "Aunty, we've been inseparable since kindergarten!"

At the other shop, they met Neha's mother, Kavita Sharma. Greetings were exchanged, and with Kavita's help, they found beautiful sarees for both Ananya and Neha.

Kavita: "Namaste, Gayatri ji, Sumitra ji. I've heard so much about you from Neha."

Inviting them for tea at their house, Kavita insisted, and the Mehras accepted the invitation. Initially declining, the Mehras agreed after some insistence, especially since Ananya wanted to spend more time with her bestie.

At the Sharma residence, they engaged in hearty conversations. As they were about to leave, Priya arrived home with groceries. Both Gayatri and Priya recognized each other from their encounter at the metro station. Priya greeted everyone, saying hello to Ananya.

Priya-" Namaste aunty, hello, namaste aunty-oh aunty aap yahan?"

Gayatri (smiling): "Arrey, beta tum! You're here too?Is she Kavita's daughter?"

Ananya (proudly): "Yes, bua, she is."

Gayatri (complimenting): "Tum bahut acchi ho, beta. Helping strangers in the metro. We need more people like you."

Priya (blushing): "Oh, it was nothing. I'm glad I could help."

Everyone chuckled, and Gayatri, seizing the opportunity, started asking subtle questions about Priya's life, including her job and marital status.

Gayatri (indirectly): "Priya beta, aap kya karte hain?"

Priya (modestly): "Main delhi university mein professor hoon."

Gayatri was surprised to learn that Priya taught at the same college as Aditya but she didnt say anything about it. As their conversation continued, Gayatri subtly inquired about Priya's marital status, and Priya's mother chuckled softly, mentioning that they hadn't found the right match for her yet.

Gayatri (slyly): "so umm...And any plans for marriage?"

Priya's mother chuckled softly and replied, "Not yet, we haven't found the right match."