Chapter 1~ A Glass Doll

This chapter is dedicated to my mom. The very first cheerleader of my creative mind 🦋

Love You Mama ♥️

~~~~~~~~~

A Glass Doll

There's a soul stuck within that glass doll
Clear as air, yet solid as reality
Inconsistently, the ever-shifting gales
Wishing, pleading, to break free

The soul sparkles in lifeless eyes
Watching from a window out.

-Poison Lily

Akshara Goenka Renowned Business Shark Kartik Goenka ki Badi Beti!

Traditional and Antique Jewellery Designer, Mr. Natik Singhania ki Ekloti Natin!

Aur tu Aur Rajishtan's top Hotilier Vishambharnath Maheshwari ki Ekloti Per Natin...!

A girl born with a sliver spoon in her mouth yet cursed to live a life more fragile than a mare glass doll! Sometimes she thinks about the past and ponders what went wrong. Was it the day her mother Naira Goenka died only six months after giving birth to her? Or was it the day when her stepmother, Seerat Maa, slipped from the stairs in an effort to stop her? Or was it the cruel plane crash that took away her only parent left? Ahh, her father... it still hurts!

What could have changed? What could have been mended between her and her stepsister, Arohi? Why couldn't she make up with her sister? What went wrong with things to move up to the point that she must leave home and come to Shimla? A city totally opposite her birthplace, Udaipur. It's like fire and water-snow and sand! Alas... What a miserable and broken glass doll she is!

''Akshara... Akshu ... Akshu darling... Akshara's thoughts broke at a loud voice coming from their common washroom''.

''Yes Prachii.. '' She replied with a smile, listening to the voice of her naughty homemate Prachi Shah, a girl who she likes despite being annoyed by her silly habits every now and then. Yet what are friends? If they don't irritate each other every now and then... She thought as Prachi dashed into her room.

''Yar geyser kaam nhe kr rha... Ab kl subha is mosam mean itny thandy pani sy nahany ka jokham main tu nhe ly rahi... ''. Prachi faked a shiver and informed her about the sudden trouble they are facing!

''Oh No! Garm pani ky bina main nahaun gi kaisy! Oh God! Sobhu college kaisy jaun gi!!! Raat ky is time tu koi mechanic bhi nhe milly ga''. She said, looking at the clock ticking at 10 p.m.

Akshara, who, despite trying, was still not getting used to the chilly temperature in Shimala, became anxious since she had to present her research work tomorrow, and she couldn't take the chance of not looking flawless. Being the daughter of a wealthy family, the habit of always appearing well is ingrained in her, and she has always taken etiquette and attire seriously.

''Esa kr..tu na Abhniav ko call milla... Hamari pehchan mean sirf ak hee banda hai jo hr kaam araam sy kr skta hai.. aur tu aur iss barfili thand mean sirf wo hee hai jo teri ak call py dora chala aye ga''.

Looking outside at the falling snow and disregarding Akshara's occasional princess attitude, Parachi suggested a quick solution.

''Abhinav...! ''

Akshara thought for a second. Indeed, besides Prachi, Abhinav was the only friend she made during those two and a half years in Shimla.